FDL | 29

𝟏𝟐 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝟏𝟐 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Forever don't last with every couple; which is correct. But neither does it with friendships—it all not having to happen because of fallout. It could happen in the most unpredictable way like it was with soulmates, Shantey and Amanda, in the way that was unexpected—sitting ahead of the doctor; the cold, depressing, sad.

"As suspected.. your cancer's back, Mrs. Rio." The oncologist, Dr. Freeman, sat eyeing the two women ahead.

Shantey sat in the right seat, her tresses back to its natural brunette curls that stopped at her waistline and wore a oversized hockey top and biker shorts. The dark shades cover her green eyes to hide the emotions in her irises. She reach over, taking a hold of Amanda's hand sitting in the left chair beside her.

Just two years ago, the Barbados born beauty was diagnosed with cancer after a rash nearly covering the side of her right breast was discovered. She beat it in the end. Life was going smoothly; Amanda not taking life for granted. The now mother of four went on trips with her family every chance she got; even if was just for weekends.

With her hair falling out, Amanda kept it short; rocking her natural, honey blonde short curls. She wore a fitted top tucked in her light denim jeans. She felt the hand grab hers and squeezed it in comfort. Unlike the first time the doctor told her she had cancer, she was calmer. She exhaled easily, nodding her head.

"Okay.. so, what now?"

"This time, Mrs. Rio, the cancer is more aggressive. On the results on your MRI, it has spread to your brain. Chemo wouldn't be of help."

"I don't believe that..." Shantey spoke, scoffing and shaking her head. "I believe there's always something y'all can do."

"Ledé—"

"No, Ams," she cut her off and returned her gaze to Dr. Freeman while Amanda sighed. "You just going to give up on her like that? She's your patient!"