FDL | 19

His dark brown eyes watch her walk back and forth nervously, the mandarin and ginger notes oozing from her short and petite person clothed in a oversized Silkk The Shocker tee and shorts

His dark brown eyes watch her walk back and forth nervously, the mandarin and ginger notes oozing from her short and petite person clothed in a oversized Silkk The Shocker tee and shorts. She ran her fingers through her thick, luscious curls and guiding the tresses out of her face. He felt his eyeballs threaten to look downward at her exposed legs. "Ledé," His voice raspy and deep, "Can you sit down? You makin' me nervous."

"Our son is in surgery and you wanting me to sit down?" Shantey scoff, going on with walking her Yeezy Onyx slides on the floor, but was stopped by Dave reaching his long arm out to grab her wrist and guide her to sit down. The chair was beside him, leaving her body mist lingering in the air.

"You doing allat not bouta help," he released her small wrist. "He gon' be all right."

Shantey exhaled heavily. "I thought it was just a fever. He never told me he was feeling pain."

"Who that sound like?" Dave glanced over to Shantey and chuckled a little. "He just like you when it come to that shit. He strong. That's how I know he gon' be aight. So quit blaming yourself.. before I start to blame you."

Shantey managed to laugh a little, nudging his knee.

"Now tell me bout this album?" he asked, changing subjects to get their mind off of waiting. "You writing bout me?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." She smirked in suspense. "Whatever I am writing its about releasing. This my last album before a very long hiatus."

"Aight then, secret squirrel. You ain't gotta tell me. Ima listen, though."

"You supporting my music? You sick?"

Dave sucked his teeth as they laugh. "Man, nah. I never not fucked wit yo' music. I just didn't like you."

"But kept on returning."

"What can I say, pussy got me hooked."

"Got?" Shantey repeated, and then his gaze found hers.

His lips curled in a smile that turned into light laugh. "Don't start yo' shit."

Her phone ringing grabbed her gaze. "You said it," she shrugged and answer her phone. "Hey, Ams."

"Why the hell didn't tell me Cru was in the hospital?" Amanda bombarded in her right ear instantly. "You out your mind? I had to find out from Roro."

"Sorry, Momma Amanda." Shantey rolled her eyes playfully. "His appendix burst and he's been in surgery for.. a good twenty long ass minutes. I'm bouta rush back there in a minute."

"Okay. Kareem and I are on the way to the jet right now. Wheels will be up in like ten minutes. Do me a favor and I don't flip out on any doctors."