-7-

Alex

The phone is still in my hand after the hospital called, but I haven't been able to move at all for the last two minutes. It's like my brain can't process this at all. It can't be real, can it? It has to be a cruel joke. Or a dream. Maybe it is just a dream. I once read that if you don't know if you are dreaming you should count your fingers. In dreams we often have the wrong number of fingers. But I have 5. Not a dream.

Nora. I have to call Nora.

I look around, searching for my phone and just as the panic begins to hit, I remember that it's still in my hand. Great, I'm losing my fucking mind.

I instantly hit speed dial and it rings. And rings. And keep ringing. I hang up and try again. It's still the same. I send her a text telling her to pick up the goddamn phone, then I call her again. Still no answer. Then I call Bea. She doesn't pick up either.

That's it. I'll just have to go and get her. Suddenly I remember I have no idea where Bea lives.

Then nausea hits. I lean forward, putting my head between my legs and breathe through my nose. Big, deep breaths. It helps a little. What the fuck am I going to do? Suddenly it hits me. Snapchat! I can use the map on it to find Bea. I check it, but she isn't there. Henry is, however. Like he always is. Not that I check where he is all that often... just sometimes... a normal amount of times. Not in a stalking kind of way... besides, I haven't seen him all that much these last few weeks anyways, so I can't exactly be labeled as a stalker. I groan when I realize how much I'm obsessing and rambling over him right now.

My finger hover over the dial button while Henry's name is starring back at me. He is my only chance to get to Nora and Bea if they don't call me back. I'm not sure I want to call him, but this is important. I have to call him. The phone rings as my heartrate spikes, but he doesn't pick up.

Instead, I decide to go find him.  I hit the find my friends icon and when I see where he is, I'm not at all surprised. He is in the middle of nowhere on a rest area, which means he is probably hooking up. Again. Before just jumping in my car and tracking him down, I sent him a text. Telling him to call me. It's important. Of course, he doesn't even read it. He is probably very preoccupied. I try to not let that thought affect me, but I still have feelings for him. It's getting a lot better, and I'm not as smitten as before, but I still tend to get a bit jealous.

As I drive to the rest area, I prepare myself for what I know will be forever imprinted in my mind. Henry getting nailed in the back of his car. Or maybe on the hood of the car? Who knows. I don't think Henry has a lot of sexual boundaries.

I groan at myself as I realize how pathetic I even sound in my own head. I need to stop obsessing over him.

Arriving at the rest area I see two cars. Henry's and some old beat-up car. For a moment I take a deep breath and checks my phone. Hoping one of them has called or texted. Of course, I'm not that lucky. Shit. I gather all my courage as I get out of the car. I have accidentally cockblocked him a few times these last weeks, so I know he isn't going to be happy with me. Odds are he is actually going to be furious.

I go to the other car, but I can only see some dude I don't know, and I'm just about to give up, when I hear his moaning. For Christ's sake. Henry is blowing him.

The bitch in me takes control and I slam my hands down on the hood, scaring the shit out of both guys. Not my proudest moment, I have to admit.  Henry jumps up, and when he sees me, his eyes narrow. He is definitely annoyed.

"I need to talk to you." I shout.

"For Christ sake, Alex, this is getting a bit much!" He shouts back. They guy next to him looks at me with a confused and very stupid expression on his face.