-29-

Alex

"I'm so fucking far behind." I complain as I rummage through my papers and assignments on the plane. Finally, Henry has been relieved of his Royal duties, (and I suspect everyone at the palace was pretty happy to see us leave) although apparently, he is still a prince of England now, and Shaan follows him everywhere along with security staff. Just as a percussion, they say.

"I'm betting that you are actually not behind." He shuffles my papers around on the table between us, looking them over, "you are probably just as far along as the rest of the class, which to you – as an overachiever – feels like being behind."

"I'm not an over..." not only does Henry glare at me but Shaan does too. I feel a bit ganged up on. "Fine, maybe I am... but you two shouldn't know each other well enough to be a team already." I gesture between Shaan and Henry.

"Oh, don't worry love, he won't take your place in my bed." Henry says jokingly and Shaan interjects dryly without even looking up from his iPad.

"I'm not as much of a screamer, anyway."

"See." Henry laughs "he wouldn't be able to keep me satisfied."

"But he is hot!" I say loudly just to get a reaction out of Shaan.

"And very taken." He lifts his hand, still without giving them a second of eye contact, showing the ring on his finger.

"Wow, engaged. Congratulations!" I rest my elbows on the table with my head in my hands, batting my eyes at him, "man or woman?"

"Woman." For the first time he looks up, "but she could throw you to the ground in a second. Oh, and also destroy every ounce on self-esteem you own in one single conversation."

"Bad ass."

"Indeed." He agrees and return his attention to the iPad.

On touchdown I'm mortified to see the place is crawling with reporters.

"The percussion?" Henry asks Shaan through gritted teeth while trying to keep a photo ready smile plastered on his lips.

"Yes sir." Shaan answers just as clenched "We had a feeling there would be snakes everywhere once returning."

"Don't say snakes." I interject. "I hate snakes."

"Good." Shaan shoots me a look that makes me believe it was a very purposely chosen word just to annoy me while Henry is biting the inside of his cheek to stop himself from laughing.

"Traitor." I whisper, then Shaan guides us past the reporters that are shouting various questions all ranging from "are you going back to reclaim the throne from you brother?" to "is it true that you have a very vocal and explicit sex-life with a man in the palace?" which I can tell startles Henry slightly. Me too, for that matter. I know we weren't exactly discreet, but how did a reporter get that intel? Someone from the palace must have sold that information. Luckily, Shaan guides us into the car and gets us the fuck away from there.

"How did they know that?!" Henry shouts angrily. "Tell me who the fuck told them that!"

"I don't know, sir. I will do my best to find out."

"You better. And if any pictures turn up...!"

"I will burn down every newsstand." Shaan says calmly. Hardly at all affected by Henry's outburst and Henry nods. Obviously okay with that statement. Then Henry turns to me, and the anger is swiftly replaced with deep concern. "Are you okay, Alex?"

"Yes... I mean... I'm not great. That was a lot... but I'm okay."

"Good... I've never intended to have you dragged into all of this, and I am so very sorry."

"Wait... that..." I gesture between Henry and Shaan, "that outburst was for me? You are concerned about me?"

"Yes of course, love. I don't care what people say about me. I don't want the damn throne anyway. And as you know, I'm in no way ashamed of my sex-life. I just don't want you to get mixed up in all this. You want to be a politician one day, right?"

"That's right... how did you know...?"

"You told me once, remember? You were afraid someone would see us in a compromising situation in the hallway..."

"Oh yeah... I remember." I glance over at Shaan, who seem a lot less affected by our very private conversation that I had expected him to be. Maybe it will be okay that Shaan and Henry already seem to be quite close? I don't think I mind Shaan one bit.

"Mr. Claremont -Diaz!!!" a group of reporters shout as soon as they see me, just like every other day since returning. I quickly rush inside my dorm room followed by one of Henry's security details that I now very much appreciate that he forced me to accept. I can hear their shouting outside the building, and I curl up on my couch while the security guy pulls all the blinds shut. "Mr. Claremont-Diaz, are you having sexual relations with the prince of England!!??"

I curl up into a ball, doing the breathing exercises I've been given to teach myself to calm down when I get stressed out. I hadn't expected so much attention to be on me. And it's not that I care if they know I'm with Henry. Not at all, actually. It's the way too personal and very invasive questions that bothers me. That and the fact that they follow me everywhere I go. They even follow me into the lecture halls, which is completely out of line, I think! I can tell my professors are nearly considering just kicking me out to prevent paparazzi to continuously disturb their lessons. And to top it all off, it's nearly impossible to get to see Henry.

"Everything is secured, sir." The security guard reports to me. "I'll be right outside your door."

"Thank you." My words are muffled against the pillow I'm hugging tightly. Once he has left the room, I dig out my phone and dial Henry's number. He picks up almost before it has even rung. Like he was just waiting for me to call.

"Still that bad?" his voice is filled with concern and maybe even some anger. Every time I hear his voice, I just want to climb onto his lap and let him hold me.

"I miss you." My voice cracks and I bury my face onto the pillow again to muffle my sobs, so Henry doesn't hear it.

"I miss you too." his voice is shaking, and I can picture him with his furrowed brow, deeply concerned about my safety. And mental health. "Are you okay, love? Is there anything I can do?"

"Take me away... to Mallorca..." I mumble, only half serious.

"If that would solve anything, I would do it in a heartbeat, love. But I think we need to ride this out. We will become old news fast. I promise."

"I hope so... they are fucking up my education, Hen..." I stifle another sob, "I hate this."

"I know love. I know... I'm so sorry."