-32-

Henry

"Hello, good evening and welcome to tonight's show. For the first time ever, the show is being broadcasted live. – so, you all better watch what you are saying." Graham Norton dramatically covers his mouth with his cards as his eyes widens. "Tonight, we have some very exiting guests! The newly announced Prince of England will be joining us on the couch today. His Royal Highness Prince Henry!" The crowd cheers and I can feel the sweat beading at my forehead, from a beginning anxiety attack. I truly hate being put on the spot like this. This is a stupid fucking idea. I will surely get assassinated by the monarchy after this and Shaan will definitely lose his job.

"Prince Henry has become even more popular after being revealed to be the author of the very explicit book series: The Royals, which I of course have read all of. Explicit gay sex scenes, what more need to be said?" Graham winks and the crowd laughs and cheers. I'm currently trying to hype myself up to feel a bit more confident in this. It won't be long till I'm expected on the stage. I just wish I could have seen Alex beforehand, but that was the one rule we had to promise to follow, if we wanted to be on the show live. The rule being that our first reunion, after being separated for nearly a month now, would be on stage.

"So, let's bring the guests on! Welcome to the stage, Prince Henry!" Graham shouts and Shaan pushes me towards the entrance. I take a deep breath, brush my hands over my suit jacket to smooth it out and to remove the sweat form my palms, then enters the stage with a big smile and a wave. "Welcome, welcome!" Graham greets me enthusiastically with an outstretched hand. I grab his hand and pull him in for a hug. "Take a seat, take a seat." He gestures to the couch, and I obey. As I look over the crowd, I see a bunch of people standing. Clapping. Waving banners. One in particular stand out: Athur Wales is a trendsetter, Henry Fox is a legend! And it truly brings tears to my eyes. "So, Henry. May I call you Henry? Or do you prefer your Royal Highness?"

"Henry is perfectly fine. Much preferred actually. The royal highness thing doesn't sit well with me. Only my equerry calls me that and that's just because I can't get him to stop." The crowd laughs and I feel a bit daring, so I decide to go out on a limp. Alex and I have already agreed to embrace this damn scandal completely, making it our own and take the power back. "Well, and of course Alex tends to scream it in bed." That comment sends the entire audience into a frenzy of whooping and screaming, and Graham himself laughs so hard he gets tears in his eyes.

"Yes, I heard rumors about his screaming. Are you here to confirm that?" Graham asks and I grin widely.

"Why don't you get him on stage and ask him yourself?"

The crowd start cheering, and Graham has to wait a moment for them to settle down before being able to speak.

"I will, very soon. But first, isn't it correct that you haven't seen your lovely boyfriend for one whole month?"

"Yes, Graham it is."

"And today – on this stage – will be you reunion. Public for the world to see."

"Also correct."

"Then by all means, let's not keep these lovebirds separated any longer!" Graham shouts as he stands up, "Welcome to the stage; Alexander Claremont-Diaz!"

And when Alex walks in, all manners fly out the door, and I jump over the iconic red couch to scoop him up in my arms, startling Graham in the process. Alex wraps his arms and legs around me and nothing else exist is this moment. Alex clings to me like I'm his life raft and I breathe in the scent of him that has been hunting me in my dreams. Tears stream down my face and I keep repeating his name over and over. Alex is crying too and nothing else matters for either of us. I don't even notice Graham or the audience anymore when I finally am able to put my lips on his and he tastes salty and sweet at the same time.