-22-

Henry

"Alex, love?" I open the door slightly when he doesn't answer. He doesn't normally leave the door unlocked when he isn't home, so he must be here somewhere, but probably with earphones on. I can hear muffled sighs coming from his room so I go in that direction, as I come closer I can hear the unmistakable sound of Alex' moaning. My heart climbs to my throat as I slowly push the door open, wishing and praying he isn't cheating on me, but what I see is something I definitely hadn't expected.

"HENRY!" he shouts and throws the book – MY book – through the room and covers himself up.

"No need to be shy," I say as I glance over the room where the evidence is painfully clear. He has nearly read all of them. "I have seen your dick before." My voice is colder than I intended it to be. "I thought we agreed you shouldn't read them. How on earth did you even find them?" I pick up one of the books on the floor and my heart sinks to my stomach. This is not how I intended on telling him. Meanwhile Alex is now in his boxers and out of the bed.

"You agreed." He says and takes the book from my hands, caresses the cover a little too fondly and places it on the nightstand. "I didn't agree. And listen, it wasn't my intentions, I promise. But you weren't kidding when you said you had a loyal fanbase."

"I'm not entirely sure that's what I said..." Alex just shrugs it off and continues.

"The saleswoman in the bookstore is definitely a fan and I get it. Like wow... it's a great story! And so fucking hot."

"Alex..." I try to interrupt, but he is on his rant.

"Like, I don't really care at all that these are your previous lovers... It really doesn't bother me at all... The only thing that bothers me is, that I seemingly can't keep my hands of my dick, and I would actually love if you would read one of them aloud for me sometimes, that would be so very fucking hot, or..."

"Alex." I try again a little firmer this time, but there is no stopping him.

"You could just like...  touch me – or yourself while I read it out loud..."

"ALEX!" I shout and he stops to look at me.

"The prince in the fiction..." I begin and then he swiftly interrupts me again.

"Oh god, yes, the prince. Holy fuck he is hot! Like, I already wanted to fuck him, knowing he is based on you, but even if he weren't... damn you would have some competition, baby..."

"Alex, listen to me... Even though the prince in the books is fiction..."

"Yeah yeah, I know. The sexual encounters are real, but listen this part in the story where the prince..."

"Will you please just shut up and let me talk!" I shout and Alex stops mid-sentence with on open mouth and a baffled expression.

"I'm sorry, I yelled." I say as I run my hand through my hair, "but I need you to listen to me... not just pretending to be listening while your over-erratic brains still continue the rant you have been going at since I got here,"

"I'm listening." He says as he sits down on the edge of his bed with my damn books scattered all over the place.

"Even though the prince is fictional – and you still need to shut up –" I say as I see him open his mouth again. "He is very much made up from something real, and I'm not just talking about the sex, Alex, so stop trying to interrupt me." He sinks back down on the bed after trying to get up and probably tell me that he knows it is my real sexual experiences and that he doesn't care because he finds it hot – which he has already told me. Twice. And I'm thankful for it. I would love to talk to him about my books to explore all the things he wants to, but I can't before I've had this conversation with him. I can't put it off any longer and still have any hope that he will continue to love me and want to be with me. "I am in fact born into royalty – or would have been if my mother hadn't abdicated the throne shortly after giving birth to my big brother Philip."

"You... wait..." I can tell Alex's brain is going a hundred and fifty miles per hour as he tries to comprehend the news.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it is not who I am – it's only who I could have been. Which inspired the fiction in the first place. I began writing it when I found out I was related to the monarchy, and I was curious about my roots. The sex stuff was added much later in life."

"You are a prince..." Alex mumbles more to himself than me. He looks up at me with an expression I cannot decipher. The nanoseconds ticks by and it feels like years before he eventually speaks. "Does this make me a princess?" Innocently, he bats his eyes at me.

I let out a shaky sigh of relief followed by an unconscious sob.

"Oh god, you nearly killed me there..." I says as I pull him into my arms. I involuntarily sob against his shoulder, completely incapable of controlling the emotions that overflows me. He hugs me tight and strokes my hair.

"You still haven't answered me." He says and I make a noise against his shoulder that can only be described as half a cry, half a laugh.

"Yes love," I sniffle and try to regain some shred of self-control "you can be my princess if you want."