012

"Jennie!"

"Jennie!"

"Huh?" Jennie awoke to the sudden noise, surprise evident on her features as she glanced around to get a hold of her surroundings.

"Sorry..it's just the ball is soon and I wanted to, I don't know, talk for a bit first?" Lisa's concerned face made itself apparent as she sheepishly scratched the back of her head.

Sitting up, Jennie stretched, her mind slowly transitioning from the fog of sleep to the reality of their reunion. "Uh, yeah. Sounds good, actually."

The two of them settled into a comfortable silence for a moment, enjoying the tranquility that the late evening offered, before delving into conversation.

They spoke of everything and nothing, from their adventures and the new skills Jennie had honed, to the more mundane aspects of life in Chizar and the empire.

As the conversation meandered, Lisa's tone turned curious. "So, the crown prince seems... different than the stories. What's he really like?"

Jennie pondered for a moment, searching for the right words. "He's... not what I expected. The more I see him, the more I remember what we were like as kids."

"Sounds like someone's got a bit of a soft spot for the prince." Lisa raised an eyebrow, a teasing smile playing on her lips.

"It's not like that. He's just..different, I guess. Kinder than I thought." Blushing, Jennie waved off the insinuation.

"That can't be it. I've noticed the way he looks at you... There's definitely something there." Lisa pressed on, leaning closer to Jennie who shook her off once more.

"Don't be silly Lisa. He's just perceptive and more conscious than others believe." Jennie's cheeks warmed with a blush, her mind racing to find the right words.

"Aha! So you do like him!" Lisa teased, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"No, that's not it! Stop playing around." Jennie huffed, throwing a pillow at the younger girl who only let the conversation go with a laugh.

Their talk eventually turned to the evening's preparations, and Lisa stood up, stretching. "Well, I guess we should start getting ready. Mother would kill me if I didn't show up looking my best, as she says it."

Jennie nodded, standing up to walk her out.

"Don't blame her, it is the annual summit after all." She smiled as Lisa nodded, opening the door herself.

"I suppose so. Well, I'll see you at the ball." Lisa bid farewell as she proceeded to her own residence of the palace, while at almost perfect timing, Jennie's attendant arrived at the door.

"Your Excellency, your dress.." the attendant bowed as Jennie opened the door wider, allowing the attendant to bring inside the large box containing the gown.