023

The morning of their departure was filled with a mixture of anticipation and solemnity

The morning of their departure was filled with a mixture of anticipation and solemnity. The palace grounds were teeming with activity as soldiers and supplies were prepared for the journey.

The sound of clinking armor and the murmurs of farewell echoed through the air. The entire capital seemed to be holding its breath, watching as the forces of Valoria readied themselves for war.

"That goes in there." She could hear one of the lieutenant soldiers ordering as other soldiers rushed to fill the storage boxes that would be accompanying them, leaving staff to officially load them in their vessels.

Jennie stood next to Taehyung, her expression resolute as she observed the bustling preparations.

The sun was just beginning to rise, casting a warm golden glow over the scene. She glanced at Taehyung, who was busy issuing final orders to the captains and lieutenants.

"We should begin the departure....traditions? Rituals? Well whatever they are, they need to be started soon," Jennie said softly, her voice slightly unsure despite the weight of the moment.

Taehyung nodded, his gaze meeting hers. "Yes, it's time."

Before the official rituals commenced, former Duke Regan, Jennie's grandfather, approached. His face bore a mixture of pride and concern as he looked at his daughter.

"Jennie," he began, his voice thick with emotion. "I know you are more than capable, but a grandpa always worries."

Jennie smiled softly, reaching out to clasp his hand. "I'll be careful. We have a strong plan, and I'll be with Taehyung and our best soldiers."

Duke Regan nodded, pulling her into a brief but heartfelt embrace. "Remember, your strength lies not only in your abilities but also in your heart. Lead them well."

"I will, Just as you did," Jennie whispered, holding back her own emotions.

As they parted, the royal family approached to bid farewell to Taehyung and Jennie. The Emperor and Prince Leonard stood with dignified grace, their expressions solemn.

"Delrico, my son," the Emperor said, placing a firm hand on his shoulder. "You carry the hopes and strength of Valoria with you. Win this war, no matter the cost."

Taehyung bowed his head in respect. "I will, Your Majesty. Victory will be ours."

The Emperor's gaze shifted to Jennie, his eyes cold and calculating. "Duchess, I expect you to ensure that my son returns victorious. Failure is not an option."

Jennie met his gaze with unwavering resolve. "You have my word, Your Majesty. We will succeed."

Leonard, standing a few steps behind the Emperor, gave a nod of acknowledgment. "Good luck, cousin. And to you, Duchess."

"Thank you, Leonard," Taehyung replied, maintaining a composed demeanor. With the farewells completed, the departure rituals commenced.

The departure rituals were a deeply ingrained tradition in Valoria, meant to bless the soldiers and ensure their safe return.