007

The grand hall of the Valorian Palace was alive with the vibrant chatter and laughter of the gathered nobility and foreign dignitaries for the long-awaited summit ball

As Taehyung entered the summit ballroom, a ripple of excitement passed through the crowd.

It was as if his presence had brought the entire ballroom to life. And, he never disappointed.

His hair was parted in what the people deemed was his signature royal look. Whenever he was off the ballroom and in the courtroom, his hair would always be parted and neatly set to bring out the sharpness of his facial features.

Although to him it was nothing more than a mere way to avoid the irritation of his hair blocking his view.

"He's not just a figurehead. The man has a mind for warfare. And having Duchess Jennie and the Asteria Dukedom by his side? He's practically untouchable," one of the Valorian nobles commented, watching the Crown Prince navigate the social waters with ease.

Jennie walked a step behind him for formalities, her eyes naturally scanning over the room for anything that seemed out of place.

Tonight, as to most of the Valorian guests' surprise, she attended as his personal guard instead of as the duchess.

Her attire consisted of the uniform and her jewellery was down to a minimum.

Yet none could deny the power she held when she shone in a uniform that held far less grandeur the a ballgown.

All eyes were on them tonight, particularly on Taehyung, as he was the heir to the empire and was hosting tonight's hall to solidify his future alliances to his reign.

They tracked his movements as he, Jennie, and their entourage of five guards from the First Command made their way over to the emperor first and bid their greetings before settling on a side of the ballroom as the palace secretary addressed them.

Across the room, a group of young noblewomen watched eagerly, their eyes filled with undisguised interest.

Princess Eliza, stepped forward with a boldness that drew the attention of her peers, making her way over to Taehyung just as he dismissed Florian.

"Your Royal Highness, the Crown Prince Delrico, I, Third princess Eliza of the Felin Kingdom greet you." She politely curtsied, her head bowed in respect.

Taehyung inwardly grimaced, knowing the small talk was already off to a start.

"Rise, Princess Eliza." He beckoned, having memorised the etiquette of a crown prince by then.

"Your courage and wisdom on the battlefield have been the discussion of importance. We're all so drawn to your strength and leadership." She smiled, using all the charms she could.

Taehyung, ever the diplomat, responded with a modest nod, "Thank you, Princess. My victories are only possible through the unparalleled efforts of the entire empire."