027

Jennie arose a few hours later in Taehyung's chamber

Jennie arose a few hours later in Taehyung's chamber. His status ensured that no one had really lurked on this particular floor, meaning no one other than him and her actually knew of her presence in his room rather than hers.

Her mind, though now slightly more refreshed, was still conflicted over Azeron's abrupt prophecy. She questioned if her exhaustion had blurred the line between reality and dreams, but no matter how she tried to dismiss it, she knew it had truly happened.

Although she knew she should be telling Taehyung of the prophecy, she made up her mind not to. He was already burdened with the war and the battle for the throne; she didn't want to add to his worries.

Besides, as long as she stayed vigilant she would be alright....right?

With a sigh she swung her legs over the side of the bed, seeing that it was already late evening. She could hear the distant laughter of soldiers as she approached the window, hands wrapped around her frame to warm herself to combat the cold.

Taehyung's uniform shirt, her chosen nighttime apparel, only reached her mid-thigh and did little to warm her bare legs.

Just as Jennie was contemplating her next move, she heard the door to the chamber creak open. Taehyung stepped in, his face softening as he saw her by the window.

"Jennie," he said quietly, closing the door behind him. "You should be resting."

Jennie turned to him, offering a small smile. "I couldn't sleep any longer. Too many thoughts racing through my mind."

Taehyung crossed the room and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. "You're safe here. With me."

Jennie leaned into his embrace, finding comfort in his warmth. "I know. It's just... everything feels so overwhelming."

Taehyung held her tighter, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "We'll get through this. Together."

Jennie looked up at him, her eyes reflecting the depth of her emotions. "I know we will. But sometimes it feels like the weight of the world is on our shoulders."

Taehyung brushed a strand of hair from her face, his touch tender. "You're not alone, Jennie. We share this burden, and we'll carry it together."

"You are worse off than me, My Prince. I don't know how you do it, defend the empire and your right to the throne." She spoke softly, leaning into his relaxing touch.

"It helps that you're here. You give me strength." He spoke earnestly, eyes fixated on her expression.

Jennie felt her resolve strengthening with Taehyung's words. She reached up and cupped his face, her fingers tracing the lines of worry and exhaustion etched there.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion. "For always being here for me."

Taehyung's eyes softened, and he leaned down to capture her lips in a gentle kiss. The kiss was a balm to her troubled mind, a reminder of the love and support they shared.