CHAPTER 2

Chenle and Sulhee gained a mutual friend. His name is Huang Renjun, a Chinese student whom Chenle met in Korean Language class. Renjun is also majoring in Fine Arts, and he is Sulhee's seatmate in all their majoring classes.

Naturally, Chenle and Sulhee found themselves in one friend group, which consists of five unique people.

"Have you eaten yet?" Chenle asks as he sees Sulhee in the students' lounge.

"No, I got buried with assignments." Sulhee answered with a tired sigh.

"Here, I bought extra." Chenle handed her a piece of cream bread.

Sulhee immediately melted at the sight of her favorite pastry, getting it while doing puppy eyes. "What do you want from me?" she dramatically asks.

Chenle laughed. "I always buy extra, you know that. Also, you should start buying snacks at lunch time so you'll have food anytime you need."

"That's a cute trick. Thanks, Le." Sulhee raised a thumbs-up.

"You're welcome, Hee." Chenle stacked his hand atop hers, while his thumb also raised, which became a mutual gesture between them.

They both laughed at how silly it is, but it's also cute to have their own signs. Naturally, Chenle and Sulhee got closer.

It was the finals when Chenle confessed that he had a crush on her. Sulhee was surprised, but not too much as she somehow read the alpha's behavior.

As an alpha, Chenle is naturally a bit cold to others but kind to his friends. The difference is that it was always more when it came to Sulhee. Their friends are teasing them about it, and Chenle always laughs and avoids the question rather than denying it.

Sulhee had taken a liking to him too. It was the winter season, and it was her birthday. Chenle gifted her a lot of expensive things, but one thing she cherished the most was the handmade bracelet and a handwritten letter.

Karina teased her the most, saying that Chenle's hidden feelings towards her are slowly leaking and he will probably confess anytime soon. Sulhee masked her own with a sharp warning, saying that maybe that's just how the alpha is with friends. Jokes on her; their other friends don't receive as much as he gives her.

So, before they parted ways for the school break, Sulhee accepted Chenle's feelings, and they both assured each other that the right time would come for them to be official.

Chenle started openly courting her, and with their friends' support, their feelings developed more.

"I'm going to China next week," Chenle informed, swiftly driving in one hand while the other interlaced with hers. "I'll be back before the enrollment starts, so don't miss me too much."

"Jokes on you; I know you'll miss me more."

"How did you know?"

Sulhee only laughed and kissed the back of his hand. The action made Chenle glance at her for a moment, catching the girl kissing his hand again. She giggled when she got caught.

"Do you want to come with me?" Chenle boldly asked, making the girl hum in deep thought.

"I can't." Sulhee bitterly smiled. "It's a family vacation for us. Also, I have to help mom as much as I can. That's the only time I can share the burden."

"It's not a burden. That talent is a gift," Chenle says, comforting her. "Hey, it's okay. I promise I'll help soon."

"But our companies are rivals in the comic industry."

"You're right." Chenle bitterly laughed. "If I could handle the comic department in the future, I'll propose a merge. How about that?"

"In the future?"

"When we get married." Chenle flashed a sweet smile and kissed her ring finger. "It'll be the best time of our careers."

"We're not even dating right now."

"Because you didn't give me an answer yet."

"Are you getting impatient?"

"What will you do if I am?"

"Will you look for another person to date?"

"Sweetheart, I can stop the car right now in the middle of the road just to tell you a novel about how much I wanted you and not anyone else."

"But we'll die together."

"'Till death do us apart, right?"

Sulhee gasped and hit his arm. Chenle only laughed, then kissed her hand again and rested it on his lap. He just held it there while he focused on the road, occasionally rubbing his thumb on her skin, just as he remembered the girl liking it.

Of course, it'll be Sulhee and no one else. His inner alpha is leaning on her and no one else. Chenle will wait until she fully accepts him. There's no way he'll let go of an amazing girl like her.