CHAPTER 37

Rain has been pouring nonstop since last night, and most schools have been informed that there will be no classes until further announcement. The incoming typhoon is all over the news, and the broadcasters are always reminding everyone to bring umbrellas and to stay safe while traveling.

Daehoon was excited for school when he woke up. He could now take a bath himself, even though his parents would check up on him sometimes to ensure that he's doing it properly and he doesn't slip on the wet floors. He had also taken an interest in dressing himself; that's why his parents are mostly letting him pick outfits, whether they are in the house or going outside. The kindergarten has uniforms, though, but still, Daehoon is happy because it's pretty.

The moment he had zipped up his jumper, was the same time Sulhee entered his room. Yes, Daehoon had a room on his own ever since he turned five and asked for his parents to give him a big boy room. He said he's capable of sleeping by himself and is big enough to take care of his little sister.

"Oh no, big boy, you don't have class today," Sulhee said when she saw her eldest in his uniform.

"What?" Daehoon appeared disappointed and sad. "But we have tests today, and I finished our assignments."

"Your teacher informed us earlier that classes are suspended because of heavy rains." She flashed an assuring smile. "It means you'll have more playtime with Aiah!" Sulhee said, hoping to erase the pouts from the kid.

"But mom, I'm excited."

"I'm sure your classmates are, too, but we can't do anything about it, son. Also, it's way safer at home, okay? Do you want your feet to be drenched outside?"

"No, it's sticky."

Sulhee chuckled and embraced her son in a warm hug. Daehoon's pouts automatically vanished and he melted on his mother's arms. He yawned and rubbed his eyes, feeling sleepy suddenly as his excitement vanished, and his mother's warmth seemed to lull him back to bed.

Sulhee felt his son's weight downing more onto her, and when she saw another yawn from him, she pulled him away and kissed the tip of his nose.

"How about you dress again in more comfortable pajamas and sleep in our room with Aiah?"

Daehoon's eyes twinkled upon hearing it, and his excitement gushed into him again as he quickly took off his uniform.

Sulhee just watched his son with full adoration, letting him get off of his clothes and change into a fresh baby blue shirt and black cotton pajamas.

"Is Aiah still sleeping?"

"Yes, Daddy just brought her to sleep again after she cried."

"Oh no, daddy had black eyes again."

Sulhee laughed. Daehoon meant the black bags under his father's eyes. Chenle is the one who's more alert when waking up in the dead hours whenever Aiah cries. The little girl seemed more sensitive, and even though she's turning two this year, she still has some of the habits of a newborn baby. Her doctor said that Aiah's growth might be slower than the other children her age, but Chenle and Sulhee remained patient and loving.