CHAPTER 28

Chenle woke up in adherence to his body clock. He tossed and turned a few times while the rush of energy cruised through his active body. He slowly peeled his eyes open, being greeted with a quiet, dimly lit room. His gazes darted to the space beside him, and his lips curled in a smile.

Sulhee isn't there, but Daehoon is. He assumed that the omega purposely placed the kid there for a reason unknown to him. Still, it made him smile and start a good morning. The books were right. Alphas like him seek strength and happiness through their children.

"Oh, you're up?" Sulhee's voice resonated in a hushed tone.

Chenle, who was already sitting up, looked at her with a wide smile. He was caressing the kid's hair and only stopped when the omega entered the room.

"I was about to wake you up for breakfast," Sulhee said while walking towards them.

Chenle just stretched his hands as he motioned for her to come to him. When she did, he immediately pulled her closer and kissed her lips.

I still love you. Don't let me go. Her words still stuck in his mind, repeating all over again. The omega still loves him. How wonderful is that?

"I love you," Chenle said, staring deep into her eyes. "I will never let you go. You and Daehoon."

"I know." Sulhee smiled. "I love you too, Le."

"God," Chenle hugged her and sighed. "This is the best morning ever."

Sulhee chuckled. "I do miss morning cuddles, but we both have work." She let go of the hug and brushed the alpha's hair. "You should eat now. You still have to rush home."

"You're not going anywhere, right?"

"Hmm, if you mean literally, then no. I already informed the team about my work schedule for the week. If you meant for me to go away from you, then no. We'll welcome you when you get back home."

"As expected, you're the best." Chenle pecked on her lips. "Tell me if you have somewhere to go unplanned, hm?"

"I will. Now, let's get you downstairs. You're really going to be late, Head Manager Zhong."

"Alright, Mrs. Zhong."

Sulhee's cheeks heated, hitting the alpha's arm. Chenle just chuckled, then rounded to the other side of the bed to kiss his son's forehead before following the omega out of the room.