CHAPTER 30

Mornings with the alpha are a dream she never wanted to wake up from. It felt better than the usual kicks of energy running through her veins when she felt her alarm. The bed is not so cold anymore, and she's getting used to the warm body that enveloped her own. The alpha has a habit of locking her in his embrace whenever they sleep in one bed, and Sulhee hasn't complained since they were college sweethearts. The omega felt that she belonged there—in the alpha's embrace.

In the week-long bond, Chenle never prioritized anything more than his family. Even when he's at work, his line is still always active whenever the omega sends a text or calls. And even though he is always ready to come to his family's rescue, he never worked less. Honestly, he worked brighter and more actively. He was smiley and obviously inspired, as Jisung described when they met.

He is indeed inspired. Sulhee and Daehoon are his inspiration, motivation, and determination. He's working for them anyway.

Anyway, that week-long stay at the Song's is coming to an end. Today is Saturday, and he will be back at home tomorrow afternoon. Actually, Chenle extended his stay. It's not like the Songs minded. They honestly prefer the alpha with them.

It is his second Saturday with them, and he is looking for an activity to do. They just stayed at home the previous weekend and baked cookies and cupcakes. The alpha hoped that he could take them on a small trip, maybe to a park or a vacation land.

Yet before he could continue searching for places, he sensed Sulhee nearing him. With a glance, he saw the omega taking out the laundry basket from her bedroom. She sensed him too, so they exchanged looks.

"I'll take that," Chenle offered as he pocketed his phone and walked to the omega. He took the basket, which is heavier for the omega (as he thought), and his brows furrowed. "You should've asked me to carry heavy things."

"I'm not a frail woman, Le. I can carry as much weight," she chuckled, tiptoeing to peck on his lips.

"Still. I'm here, Sulhee."

"I thought kissing you was enough to shut you up."

"It's just a peck, darling."

Sulhee playfully raised a brow. She cupped the alpha's face, then kissed him longer. "Is this enough?"

Chenle lightly scoffs, then glares at her. "You're dead to me after I do laundry."

"And how sure are you that I'll make you do laundry?" she laughs.

"Just rest, omega," he said with a faint scowl on his face, then descended the stairs while carefully lifting the laundry basket.

Chenle is not really angry. It appeared that the omega had become extra playful with him lately, which made him so done with her teases. Not like the alpha is against her childlike personality. It's just that the omega somehow realized that her kisses shut him up and that she kept doing it whenever he'd comment about her teasing.

You know how to shut me up, huh? He once said. Sulhee can just laugh it off.

Like the alpha said, he was the one who did their laundry. Sulhee just busied herself cooking their lunch while Yushi was playing with Daehoon. Bora has a reunion with her college batchmates and will be back by late afternoon.