CHAPTER 31

Waking up without sensing each other's presence is one thing that Sulhee and Chenle missed the most. It's obvious that they got easily used to staying under one roof, and they even felt foreign to laying alone in their own beds.

To compensate for the entire day of longing, Chenle picked the omega up from the studio and took her to dinner. It's been long since they bonded with just the two of them, as they always go out with their son. They don't hate it, of course; they love it every second, and they prefer to go as a complete family. But, of course, it feels different if it's just the two of them. The sparks of young love are still there, and they miss it.

"I'll talk to your mom about the house," Chenle said as they enjoyed their desserts.

"House? I thought we'd stay at your apartment."

"Do you really think I will just give you an apartment to live in? Sweetheart, you deserve a castle."

"You and your rich man flex."

Chenle chuckled. "But, yeah, we'll stay at my apartment temporarily while we look for the perfect house. Also, I have land in China. We can talk to a close architect about the designs that you want."

"You're letting me plan our house?"

"Why? You're more artistic than me. Also, I like to live in a world where you paint your creativity. I know you have a dream house in mind. Just tell me and I'll give it to you, hm?"

"You will be weirded out."

"Try me. I want to breathe while looking at your creations." The alpha held her right hand and caressed her ring finger. "This beautiful hand is a talent. I bet it's prettier with a wedding ring on it."

Sulhee lightly gasped and looked at him with excitement and surprise. Chenle's eyes just darted at her, able to feel pure happiness just by her scent.

Feeling that this was the right time to execute one of his plans, Chenle smirked and used his free hand to grab something in the inner pocket of his suit. He pulled out a velvet box and opened it, then looked back at the omega to see her reaction.

Inside were two shiny gold rings—one with a small protruding diamond pendant and one with an etched diamond. Sulhee's lips were lightly gaped, and her eyes darted to the expensive jewelry glimmering in front of her.

Chenle picked out one with a protruding pendant and held the omega's left hand. He then slowly slid the ring on her ring finger, proudly smiling as it perfectly hugged her skin.

The alpha is right. Her hand is prettier with a ring.

"I know we're mates, and bonding is the same as getting married, so technically, we're already a married couple," Chenle started. "But I failed as a mate, and I wasn't there beside you when you needed me the most. Our mating bond never strengthen on its beginning phases, so holding you now while sliding a ring on your finger, and asking you to marry me makes me remember how far we've come through. Sulhee, this isn't just about signing legal papers, but I wanted to marry you as a new start. By this marriage, I vow to be a faithful husband, and the best father of our children. I want this marriage to officially open a new chapter of our life. I will prove to our family that I am a billion percent ready to take you as my mate, my wife, and the mother of my kids. I swear that I won't miss every single day without making you feel how much I love you. Marry me, Sulhee. I'll give you the moon, and I'll tell the stars about you."