CHAPTER 22

Chenle directly drove to his family's house after a mountain of work. As their business permanently expanded outside China, his parents decided to buy houses to live in when they took a visit to the specific cities.

It's not like Chenle has the mood to live with them, so he has his own apartment unit. There's more work now that he is preparing to move into a bigger living space, so exhaustion was evident in his face.

Seeing the complete family at the dining table is much more exhausting, especially when he finally graces them with his presence, which is rarely seen. He does not have the freedom to fly back and forth to the country or the mood to talk to them anyway.

"Mom, dad," Chenle kindly approached as he kissed their cheeks. His eyes then shifted to Shen and Cali, whom he just timidly nodded to before taking a seat beside his brother.

"Are you two still awkward?" Shen joked when he felt the specified air between his brother and his wife.

"We're good." Cali lightly chuckled, then peeked over to smile at Chenle. "Aren't we, Le?"

"Of course," Chenle simply answered.

"It's nice to see the table full," mom said. "Let's eat."

The dinner would be quiet if it weren't for Shen talking about the other branches of their business. It seems like it is only the topic that is most appropriate in this kind of setup and is the most normal one for a business-inclined family.

Chenle didn't complain, though, nor talked much. He's just listening while filling his air-filled tummy, which hasn't received food since lunchtime. Again, he skipped an important meal, and it was because of a meeting.

Anyway, Chenle was thankful that he wasn't the center of attention. Maybe he will be, but he wishes to savor the foods before that time comes. Shen's stories were also intriguing, and Chenle secretly took mental notes as a form of lesson.

Maybe he was too occupied with the foods, though, as when his father was done suggesting and giving advice, they became quiet, and he met eyes with his mom.

"I'm glad you're eating well," she said.

"Ah, I missed lunch," Chenle said. "Did you cook this?"

"Yes"

"It tastes good, mom."

She smiled. "Well, I'm glad."

"I heard there's a competition with the Silver Comic again," his dad asked.

Chenle dropped his spoon and nodded. Is it my time now?

"Mark Lee and Karina Yoo. Same old," Chenle said.

Mark and Karina are the public's picks. Their works played a part in the industry well, creating some sort of competition between them and, of course, between the two companies. The writers became good friends, though, so the public's preference is not a harsh record for them. Still, the ratings affect both companies, so there's still competition.