EPILOGUE

Daehoon grew up fine with both of his parents beside him. He was raised well, and it was shown how he treats people. He is very sweet to his mother and always able to open up about his thoughts and feelings to his father. He is also a dependable big brother to his sister.

Daehoon never felt envious of his sister. He sure lacked a father figure when he came into the world, but when he met his father, it never occurred to him that the man denied him for the first time. His father became his role model. He wants to be someone strong and kind like him. Although alpha traits let him be cold in public, he has a warm heart.

Yes, as the family expected, Zhong Daehoon presented as an alpha.

Sixteen-year-old Daehoon became open to many things around him. Like any other alpha, he naturally coped with his surroundings and matured fast. He learned the ways of a normal alpha, but he never used his gender to stomp on someone lower than him. His father taught him to be kind to anyone but also not to let down his guards that easily. His dad said that ill-tempered alphas might see him as weak and someone who doesn't deserve to be an alpha, so Daehoon is always careful to not let his soft heart influence him when he's outside the house. He's scared that those ill-tempered alphas might engage in a fight with him, especially since school bullying is uncontrolled in high school.

"Daehoon, dude, flowers for you," his seatmate, Sungyoon, teasingly said.

Daehoon immediately saw the flowers on top of his desk. It's a sunflower today, huh? His head tilted to the side. It's a tulip from last Monday.

"I saw a note below. Read it."

Daehoon glanced at Sungyoon and settled on the seat beside him. He picked out the yellow sticky note below the flower and flipped it on the back.

You smile like a sunflower. You brighten up my day :)

"What does it say?" Sungyoon asked, obviously more excited than he is.

"Uhh," Daehoon glanced at his friend and back to the paper, then back to him. He folded the note and placed it in his pocket. "I think it's better if I keep it to myself."

"Aww, dude!" Sungyoon whined in a thick American accent. Right, this boy was raised in America.

Daehoon just lightly chuckled and shook his head. "Privacy," he simply said.

Sungyoon rolled his eyes and swatted his hand. "Forget it. Has she revealed herself yet? She's been your admirer since the second week of classes, you know."

Daehoon shook his head. "Even if I write back, I don't know where to leave the note."

"Then, just leave it here on your desk!"

"Are you stupid? What if someone will pick it up instead of her? This is an open space, Sungyoon."

"Whatever. Think of something, big-brain. I know you're eager to know the person behind that. You've been receiving flowers and sweet notes every Monday. Did your room become a flower garden yet?"

"Luckily, it didn't."

They just laughed at that. Daehoon hid the flower in his bag, careful not to let the other things crumple it.