CHAPTER 13

Chenle greeted the morning in a bad mood. He will never forget the fact that his number got blocked by someone, and that someone is Song Sulhee—the mother of his child, his mate.

He scoffed when his messages didn't get delivered again. He can't call her too, obviously, because he got blocked.

Chenle closed the door of his office a little bit hard, surprising Jisung, who's miraculously early and inside, sitting on the sofa with a coffee in hand.

"Good morning," Jisung greeted, but his mouth turned into an O when he saw his friend's expression. "Bad morning for you."

"She blocked me." Chenle threw his bag aside and sat on the couch parallel to the other.

"Who? Sulhee?"

"Who else?"

"Deserved."

Chenle seethed, yet he couldn't even get mad at the male, as he had never done anything wrong. Chenle grabbed the coffee from Jisung's hand and drank it like his own.

"Hey," Jisung nagged.

"Oh, that's hot!" Chenle exclaimed and handed back the drink.

"So, what's your plan?" Jisung asked, defeatingly holding his coffee that he failed to protect.

"I'm going through her social media, but I don't know if she created a new one."

"It's a privacy issue, but did you check her phone that's on you?"

"I did, but she deactivated all her accounts. I can't log it back because I don't know the credentials."

"Did she not get any messages?"

"For a few months, yes. It was mostly from Renjun and Karina, though."

Jisung understandably nodded. "Does Renjun-hyung not know that she's back?"

"I don't know. If he does, do you think he'll tell me? Or you?"

"He'll tell me," Jisung confidently said.

"Really? He knows you can't shut your mouth if you know something trivial."

Jisung zipped his mouth close and just drank the remains of his coffee.

"Anyway," Chenle sighed. "I'll just hope that I see her again. She's freely roaming in pastry shops, so what's the probability of meeting her again in the same place?"

"50-50. She may come back because it's her favorite shop, or not because she'll be cautious of meeting you again at the same place."

"You're right."

"When and where did you meet her?"

Both Chenle and Jisung's hearts dropped when they heard Renjun's voice, snapping on the doorway to see the artist there.

Renjun was holding thick-paged papers and a pen, assuming that the artist had a prior appointment, which Chenle only remembered today.