CHAPTER 10

It's been two years since the couple was challenged by the long distance. It's also been two years since they have seen each other, and they have only satisfied their longing with texts and video calls.

In those two years, they had many small fights and unnecessary thoughts that led to overthinking and breakdowns. Sometimes, it takes them days to resolve the problem, mainly because time is not on their side and they're both packed and busy. Still, they ended up apologizing to each other and promising to be better.

They endured everything—personal matters, family problems, relationship status, and careers.

"Welcome to China, baby girl," Jisung hyped with a tease, making the girl laugh.

It's November, and it'll be Chenle's birthday in the next week. Sulhee planned to stay in the country for that span of time, and her presence is a surprise.

Because of their lack of communication and Sulhee is getting worried over the alpha, she delightfully filed for a week of leave and tagged Jisung to China.

Sulhee believes that their lack of personal presence with each other also adds to their problems. Even though they always assure each other that they're fine and will be better, Sulhee thinks that it's more advantageous if they'll personally meet.

So, here she is, waiting in a cozy café while Jisung executes the plan of bringing Chenle over. It's the weekend, so it won't be a problem with work.

After an hour or so, Sulhee saw Jisung's car parking in the front space. Suddenly, her heartbeat is pacing fast. Is it because she'll be finally seeing the alpha after a long while? Is it excitement or nervousness? What if the air is awkward?

Sulhee had her eyes roaming everywhere. She can already see Jisung dragging the male, who dressed like a lazy homebody with a hat and sunglasses. Sulhee doubts if her boyfriend was already awake when Jisung barged into his house or if his parents just let Jisung wake up their son in whatever way.

Anyway, Sulhee can see the frown on his brows while Jisung leads him to the corner where the omega is. When Chenle finally raised his head to see where they were going, he froze on the spot when he finally saw her. Jisung had to pinch his side to snap him back to reality, and when he did, he eventually got the urge to speak.

"Song Sulhee?"

"Yes?" Sulhee replied with a sweet smile, sending the alpha in massive happiness.

Chenle ran and hugged her, burying his face in the omega's neck, and just took advantage of the chance. "Oh my god, why didn't you tell me?"

"Surprise?"

"Baby," Chenle pulled away and cupped her cheeks. "Thank you for coming here."

"Are you going to keep wearing that?" Sulhee pointed at his glasses with a teasing chuckle.

Chenle immediately took off his sunglasses and his hat, his lips curving in a wide smile. "Better?"

"Mhm." Sulhee grabbed his collar and pulled him close, claiming his lips. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."