CHAPTER 21

The cute prince's second birthday blew out once the sun rose from the horizon. Both Sulhee and Bora started making dishes and contacting the food deliveries that they ordered. Yushi was the one responsible for the decorations, together with their cousin Ryo, who slept over last night.

Since it is the weekend, Sulhee's friends came early in the morning. Renjun and Karina came together, followed by Jeno and Jaemin. Now, there are more hands to help, and even though Bora reprimanded them to just sit and relax because they are guests, they still humbly helped.

When the birthday boy woke up, the whole house brightened more. They loudly sang the birthday song, then Sulhee dressed him as the cartoon character Shin Chan. Karina didn't wear a mascot, but she did dress like the character too, making the baby come to her.

Her costume agenda instantly broke Yushi and Jeno's competition on who Daehoon would go to first.

"Where's he?" Renjun asks as he approaches Sulhee.

"Chenle?" she clarified, and the male nodded. "He said he just did something, and he is on the way here."

"Mhm, are you ready?"

"For what?"

"I don't know; I have a feeling that those two will have a strong bond today." Renjun shrugged. "I mean, sure, Daehoon might've felt a connection with him when they met for the first time; that's why he stopped crying. Today's different, though. You already heard him out. I guess you'll be more open and friendlier with him."

"Are you sincerely asking me that, or are you still feeling bitter for what happened in the past?"

"So, you're really considering it the past now?"

"I don't know, Jun. It is in the pasta one-time situation, but I'm carrying it my whole life. I still haven't decided to trust him again."

Renjun agreeably hummed. "But I'm impressed. He really looks reliable. I've been seeing him being hands-on with your future merge. He's really pushing it, huh."

"No one can stop him." Sulhee amusingly shakes her head. "Even mom is amazed. Imagine him being ignored by his parents before, but he is now heard. I can't imagine how he persuaded his father about this merge."

"He earned it. Chenle's amazing. He learns and improves fast."

"Look at you complimenting him," Sulhee teased, making the male roll his eyes.

"What's up?" Karina approached them after a long while, sitting on the other side of the girl.

"Where's Daehoon?"

"Jeno stole him from me, then Yushi came a split second."

"Let me guess, they're having that useless competition again?" Renjun deadpanned.

"I don't know why they're doing that." Sulhee sighs. "Anyway, Chenle and Jisung might arrive anytime now. Come, help me set the food."

After a few more minutes, Ryo yelled that there's a car outside. Sulhee immediately went outside with Daehoon in her arms. She knew it was Chenle and Jisung, as one of them informed her that they were close.