CHAPTER 20

Chenle was disappointed that he didn't have a chance to talk with Sulhee yesterday. Sure, he just dropped by Silver Comic amidst his cramped schedule because Bora called, and his time is just limited, so he can't stay any longer.

So, when Chenle received Sulhee's message about the possibility of meeting the next day, Chenle was beyond happy. He made sure that he'd get off work by 5 p.m. and quickly adjusted his timetable.

Chenle can't deny his nervousness. He knows that they're just not meeting casually, catching up like friends do, or doing what normal mates do. Instead, he prepared himself for a serious conversation.

Actually, Chenle expected this to happen. By the time Sulhee saw him in her mother's office, Chenle was sure that the omega would reach out for answers. That's what Chenle is preparing for.

When he entered the same diner that they both had gone to, Chenle saw Sulhee already inside. He felt bad about arriving later than her, but he knows that the girl also made a quick change to her schedule just for this.

So, when Chenle approached the table, he immediately sat on the seat parallel to her. They shared quick glances and awkwardly looked away, but soon got interested in the menu book in front of them.

"Order whatever you want. I'll pay," Chenle said.

"Okay," Sulhee only replied, knowing that the alpha will never let her pay when they're together.

After telling their orders to the waiter, it just became quiet between them again. It seems like all of the pre-written scripts that they formed in their minds magically vanished, and it just restarted.

They catch each other's eyes at times, then proceed to do whatever will keep them 'busy'.

When the food arrived, the atmosphere became lighter again. Finally, they got to do something normal rather than absentmindedly scrolling on their phone and avoiding eye contact like an awkward pair on a blind date.

"Let's eat," Chenle said, with Sulhee replying with a hum. "Do you order the same when you go here?"

"It depends, but I always order Fettuccine Alfredo."

"I see. Do you still hate vegetables?"

Sulhee lightly chuckled. "Believe it or not, I craved vegetables during pregnancy. It was a whole circus when mom and Yushi heard me asking for a salad."

"That's.. woah," Chenle cannot believe what she said. He is one of the people who knew the girl's hatred for vegetables.

"Unbelievable, right?" she laughed. "I gag when I remember those times, actually. Well, I still eat some veggies after giving birth."

"How is it?"

"What? Veggies?"

Chenle nodded.

"Well, I feel healthy."

They shared a laugh. Chenle can just agree and tell her about those times when he was urging her to try to eat vegetables, which is actually one of the hardest tasks to do.