Chapter Seven

"What had to be who now?" A voice asked from behind me, ripping me away from my thoughts. "What the-?!" I turned around quickly, only to find Chat Noir standing there.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be defending Paris?" I asked him, flustered and on edge from the sudden visit from the superhero.

"I just got done with patrol and heard you sighing up a storm over here, so I decided to check in on you," He walked up to the railing next to me and leaned back so that he was facing towards the inside of the ship with his arms supporting him on the railing. "Wanted to see if I could help, Keeping down the akumatizations, ya know?" He joked, he leaned his head back so he could look at the stars.

It wasn't unusual for him to come and find me after his patrols; in a strange way, he had become a comfort to have around. He was a great listener and had some good advice, and I was always there to be an ear for him whenever he was having Ladybug problems. We had become decent friends for one another, I didn't know his identity so he could be more honest and I was pretty sure I didn't know him in his civilian form so I had an easier time being emotional in front of him.

"It's kind of ridiculous, Chat. In truth, I was honestly having a pity party for myself. It would be nice to have a friend to help divert my mind from things." Chat placed a hand on my shoulder, "I'll listen no matter how ridiculous. That's what friends are for." He spoke gently, trying to comfort me and show me he was there for me.

"Thanks Chat." I mustered up a smiled and placed my hand on his, before I took a deep breathe trying to figure out how I wanted to word it.

"Do you promise not to judge me, then?" I asked him

"I swear, cat's honor," he responded, placing his hand on his chest and raising his other in the air. I chuckled at his response. "Thanks, Chat." I smiled and looked down the side of the boat at the water.

"I feel like an ass, you know? I know I'm not the only girl in the world, I'm far from it obviously. haha..." I started, hesitant to tell the hero.

"I get that, but you can't help how you feel Y/n." Chat spoke up, trying to encourage me to continue.

"It's petty and selfish of me, I know, but I have this one friend, and he's great and all, don't get me wrong. But he is wonderful and kind, which aren't bad qualities at all. In fact it's the opposite, he's amazing, and I have gotten a bit... possessive... you could say. He's handsome, funny, kind, patient, musically talented, understanding, and..." I began to ramble.

"So he is a special friend to you?" The blonde asked, turning to look at me.

"You could say that. I used to have a huge crush on him as a kid, and I guess I'm jealous because of lingering feelings, or current feelings? I don't know anymore." I buried my face into my hands, embarrassed. I felt tears begin to burn my eyes.

"Have you told him? And what happened to make you jealous?" Chat questioned me, curious as what the situation was.

"No, I haven't yet, and besides he brought another girl over when he went to go get the pizzas for everyone. I think he has a crush on her, and it sucks because she is also another friend of mine. What luck I have. Haha." I laughed, pitying myself and criticizing myself for being jealous.

"And what's better is I thought she had a crush on our classmate, so imagine my surprise when I turn around and see them looking at one another as if they are each others other half." The tears began to fall and I tried to wipe them away, frustrated.

"I know I sound ridiculous and like a jealous bitch, but it just- Gah! Oh my god! Why can't I stop crying?!" I began to aggressively wipe my face more.

I felt a hand fall onto my shoulder and another on my face, cupping my left cheek, a thumb wiping my tears away.

"Hey, princess, it's okay, shh, it's okay." He pulled me into a hug and continued, "Let it out, it's okay to cry milady."

Chat held me close and rubbed my back, and l hugged him back, just letting the tears fall.

"I'm sorry Chat, you shouldn't have had to deal with that." I pulled back after a few minutes and wiped my face with my sleeve.

"Listen, Y/n, it's not ridiculous. In fact, it's natural to feel that way, and I think you should be kinder to yourself. I'm here for you whenever you need it, let me be your cat in shining latex, or whatever this suit is made out of." He cupped my face, making me look up at him

His green eyes stared into my (e/c), teary eyes, and he softly smiled and rubbed my cheek with his thumb again.

"You are an amazing young woman, someone who even I look up too. You're kind, sweet, creative, and so much more. You're pawsatively purrfect, if I do say so myself." He stuck his tongue out like when a cat does a 'blep', making me giggle.

"Thanks Chat, I appreciate you being here for me. It means a lot." I hugged him again, and this time without the tears. I was just enjoying his comfort and company.

"Of course, princess. No man should ever get to make you cry." He wrapped his arms around me, he held me tighter than the last time and we stood there for a good while, just listening to the water hit the side of the boat.