Chapter Twenty One

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled at Luka, he just guiltily looked down at the floor as he tried to explain himself.

"I just, I got worried about you with him after seeing people's response to what was on the news about him with a girl and I just... I don't know, I panicked. I don't want people to target you." He ranted, obviously distraught.

"Luka, I get you were looking out for me but what you did was wrong. You punched him for no reason, and then yelled at him. You aren't my father, and yes, dad does know he's staying over before you ask." I responded, letting out a sigh and pinching the bridge of my nose. "Is your hand okay?"

I noticed his knuckles were pretty red, and asked just to make sure. He lifted it to look at it. "I think so." His voice sounded small, and quiet.

"I know what I did was wrong. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me Y/n. Can you forgive me?" He apologized, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I accept your apology, but Luka, you need to apologize to Adrien." I looked him in the eye, his eyes filled with some emotion I couldn't quite place. He began to move his hand, and brushed my hair aside, before looking wistfully at my neck. His eyes started to get watery.

"Why?" he asked, looking up at me before tracing the marks on my neck with his thumb. Shit. I felt guilty, even though I had no reason to. I have no obligation to Luka regarding my love life.

"Why, what, Luka?" I asked him, trying to be as calm as I could.

"Why couldn't you have just let me realize?" He snapped, his eyes tearing up. I got even more confused, "Why did you couldn't you have waited a little longer?" He mumbled, I stayed silent. Just observing him.

I moved my hand to place it on his shoulder when he grabbed my wrist and pinned me against the wall, being careful not to hurt me.

"Why did you have to let me find this way?" He cried, looking at me with a look of betrayal and helplessness.

That was when I finally knew what he meant. He knew I had feelings for him. "I thought you were dating Marinette. You did kiss her last night, and went on a date with her today." I replied, my heart aching. This wasn't my fault; he was the one who hurt me first.

Luka's tone turned aggressive and hurt, his grip on my wrist tightening. "So, what? You just move on quickly with Adrien, and I'm supposed to figure it out on my own? Is that it?"

I tried to maintain my composure, attempting to act as if nothing was wrong, but the pain in his eyes cut through me as well as the pain in my wrist. "Luka, it's not like that. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, I could tell you are in love with Marinette. She's a good girl, she's sweet."

A mix of anger and betrayal flashed in his eyes, I took a deep breath to calm myself. "Look, I care about you, and I never wanted things to end up this way. I had feelings for you for years, and you didn't feel the same so I decided to move on. But things change, Luka. I can't control who I have feelings for, just like you can't."

He stared into my eyes, searching for answers. "So, what? You move on with Adrien, and I'm just supposed to accept it?"

I met his gaze squarely. "No, you're not suppose to accept it. But you can't blame me for following my heart. I thought you were with Marinette, which you are, and I wasn't about to hold back my feelings for someone who clearly didn't feel the same way."

He scoffed, bitterness evident in his voice. "Best friends don't do that to each other, Y/n. You should've told me how you felt."

I looked away, looking towards the floor. "You're right, and I'm sorry for that. But I can't change how I feel, and I won't apologize for it."

Luka's expression softened, a mix of understanding and defeat crossing his face. "I never thought I'd lose you like this."

I sighed, looking into his eyes. "Luka, I didn't want to lose you either. But sometimes, Life doesn't give us the choices we want."

He released his grip on my wrist, and I could see the confusion in his eyes. "It was just one kiss, Y/n. But these feelings..." he continued, his voice wavering.

"Luka, you have feelings for Marinette, and I completely understand." I smiled at him.

"I don't even know or understand..." He began to mutter, but I couldn't understand what he was saying at the end.

"What was that, Luka?" I asked, moving towards him. I put my hand onto his forhead to make sure he wasn't going to start running a fever since he is soaking wet from the rain.

Within an instant, his lips crashed onto mine. The moment I had been waiting years for, was now happening but it was wrong. He was with Marinette, and I had something with Adrien, he and I hadn't discussed what we were yet.

Luka's lips were soft, but his kiss was agressive. I struggled to push him away from me. "Luka-" I had managed to let out before he pulled away suddenly.

"How do you know who I have feelings for? Especially when I don't even know who I have feelings for anymore?" He asked me, he looked desperate and troubled.

"Luka..." I felt tears sting my eyes, but I blinked them away. "I won't blame you for what just happened, but it's obvious you need time to think. Go home, get some rest. We can meet up this weekend and talk once you've calmed down. Okay?" I asked him, taking a step back.

"Yeah, I do. I'm sorry Y/n. I'll go home now. I'll see you around." He started to walk away.

"Let me know when you get home okay?" I hollered down the hallway, he sent me a wave back "Yeah, I will. Stay safe, Y/n."

And with that, Luka left. He went home, and I walked back into the apartment and checked up on Adrien. Letting him know that Luka went home, and that we needed to get that pizza ordered.