You did deserve that

Damian

I arrived way too early to school for my comfort. The idea of bunking tempted me and I turned around to walk out the school gates only to meet that face. Oh Christ, help me now.

"Going somewhere Damian?" She asked walking towards me with her arms folded across her breasts. Gabriella. Naturally, my eyes went down to her short red and black checked uniform skirt that ended a few fingers above her knees, but I could still see her gorgeous legs. The ones I fell on my knees for three years ago.

We never dated. We only had casual sex here and there until she wanted to label us. That was when I ended things. I was not ready for that level of commitment and never will be.

I sighed heavily shaking my head.
"No." I replied.
"Pretty sure you were about to bunk school, correct?" Gabriella asked.

"Incorrect actually." I replied and I noticed steam leave her nostrils. "I was just turning around to look for someone who isn't you."

Gabriella bit her bottom lip furiously while narrowing her eyes at me.
"Perhaps you should look for something instead. Like your brain that appears to be missing." She hissed then stormed past me, but deliberately bumped into my shoulder as though the insult wasn't a pain enough.

"Damn." My friend cried chuckling slightly while walking towards me. Those are the kinds of friends available in the market now – the ones that shamelessly laugh when you're down. "Though, you did deserve that." He said patting my left shoulder as though he were a loving parent.

I scowled at him.
"Benjamin, I thought you were my boy." I said.
"I am. It's just... Gabriella roasting you is hilarious." Benjamin said.

He was the same height as I was with dark chocolate brown skin along with soft hazelnut eyes and a brush cut. He had the cutest dimples when he smiled so, getting mad at him for laughing at my downfall was hard because of them.

"This friendship is hilarious." I deadpanned.
"Hey, don't be like that. You're still my boy, but I also still think that you deserved more than that after breaking her heart." Benjamin said.
"We did agree to a no strings attached arrangement. I am not at fault here. I actually did us both a favour." I said.
"Uh-huh." Benjamin said sounding unconvinced. "By rejecting her in front of the whole school at the fall dance three years ago?"

I grimaced as the memory flashed through my mind. I had to admit myself that even I was a little harsh on Gabriella.
"Maybe that was a little harsh." I admit shrugging my shoulders. "But I do not regret pursuing what we had into a relationship."

A flashback of Chase floods through my mind out of nowhere. Ever since he bumped into me I couldn't stop thinking about him. I fantasized of doing unholy things with his soft tender lips and taste every inch of him.

"Damian?" Benjamin called making me snap out of it.
"What?" I asked.
"You just zoned out." My friend said. "What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing." I shrugged shaking my head as though trying to shake away the unholy thoughts of the man who bumped into me earlier and didn't even apologize. "Let's head to class. I don't want to be late and have Gabriella grilling me."

Benjamin didn't look like he believed me, but thankfully he didn't press on the matter either. We walked inside the building while for the life of me I couldn't stop thinking about Chase. ✓

                         🌺

    Please vote ;)