Trapped

A/N: Some heavy stuff mentioned. Please read with caution ⚠️

                            🌺
Damian

"No." I said shaking my head in disbelief.
"I'm sorry Damian. I didn't want it to end like this." The neutral one said.

I panted heavily struggling to wrap my head around what was happening. I shook my head in disbelief then turned to them.

"No. This isn't true. You're my fucking boy Benjamin! How could you do this?!" I asked feeling tears burn my eyes from the sense of betrayal that was weighing my heart heavy.

I barely recognized him. He was wearing a symmetrical black and white suit. His wings were also like that. One was black while the other was white.

There was a scar passing through his right eye that was slightly grey in contrast to the other normal one that was light almond brown.

"I am not expecting you to understand. What's done is done." Benjamin said without a tinge of sympathy in his voice. He was cold which contradicted the cheerful person I grew up with.

"Now, it will be a matter of time before the devils and that other angel to find you. We need Chase to finish you off himself. Because of his high energy he can murder you swiftly compared to the neutral one and I." The devil said.

"My energy is not that strong to murder you and Benjamin's is too powerful and may destroy the world before the plan is set in motion, but Chase is perfect." Malcolm explained. I widened my eyes then turned to my best friend – former best friend .

"Did all those days we spent together mean nothing Benjamin?" I asked.

"Yes." He coldly hissed while walking towards me. "I never cared for you."
"No. That's not true." I denied.

"Yes, it is." Benjamin argued stopping an inch in front of me. "You were just a pawn Damian. That's it. All it did was for me to change Matthew and Brycen's location to be where you were. The alcohol that you were drinking was spiked by me. You were bound to die from a heart attack. However, you never wanted to die despite how shitty you often felt, am I right?"

I glared at him as the memory flashed through my mind.

––––––––––––––––––––––––

It was late September spring a year ago. Benjamin and I had bunked school that day and instead got high in his Dad's basement.

I never met his parents before because he explained that they were constantly busy and he often got defensive when I asked about them so, I opted not to ask him about his parents anymore, but I did offer him an ear should he need someone to talk to.

That morning I had gotten into a fight with my father which was a reason why I proposed to Benjamin that we should bunk school.

"You know, you're going to have to tell me exactly what's going on Damian." He said after taking a hit from his blunt. The room was filled with nothing but weed which was exactly what I needed instead of going back to reality.

I exhaled out a smoke and shook my head.
"There's nothing to tell. I just didn't feel like going to school today." I said.

Benjamin gave me an unconvinced look.
"Really?" He asked.
"Yeah." I replied then took a hit of my blunt. "Do you ever feel trapped sometimes?" I asked after a moment of silence while turning to him. 

He stared at me in intrigue.
"How so?" He asked.
"Like a bird stuck in a cage." I replied then leaned back from the couch as I began to see a few stars up in the ceiling.

"This town is too small and lacks what I really want in life. I just want to run. To a whole new adventure. I want to see what's beyond this place and actually get to live instead of just surviving."

I lowered my eyes and inhaled softly.
"Other days I think about death but in a sense that it scares me. I do feel shitty now, but I am scared of dying before doing what I really want. You know, prove my purpose in this world or something." I took a moment before turning to him.

"You are so fucking high." Benjamin said then we both began laughing.
"Yeah." I said lowering my eyes and turned back to him when he spoke.
"But on a serious note Damian, everything will be fine. I promise." He said while flashing me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you Benjamin." I said returning his grin.
"Don't mention it. You're my boy." He said making me smile wider, and I no longer felt alone like I was before because of him.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––

I lowered my eyes feeling broken that he was only pretending that whole time. It hurt and it was just difficult to accept. Especially when it all felt real to me.

"I knew how much you valued your life and how you would do anything to live another goddamn day. It was a good gamble." Benjamin said with a smirk tugging at his lips as he looked down at me.

"Now, there is only one more piece left of the puzzle." He said while he put his white and black stick under my neck. I winced from the discomfort.

"For the devil to kill you himself." He hissed then hit me back with the stick. I winced moving back in agony then began to cough again while my former best friend watched me suffer with an unsympathetic expression on his face. How could have things gone this badly?