I found you first

Damian

I gulped then reluctantly stepped inside the house. Ever since I murdered a man I wasn't at school or at home for two days. I was so scared. I murdered somebody. Despite the fact that he said that he wanted to kill me he was still innocent.

For the past two days I was hiding in a bar trying to drink my guilt away, but nonetheless, my conscience was tormenting me. That night replayed over and over in my head. I was beginning to feel crazy.

Felicity rose from the couch after I stepped inside. She stared at me in shock while I was too ashamed to look at her. Dad climbed downstairs and was speechless at my state.
"Damian..." My stepmother began.

I inhaled softly then walked past her to take a shower. Though, I doubted that any water could wash away the filth I felt for what I had done. 

––––––––––––––––––––––––

Felicity drove me to school later that morning. I couldn't find it in me to argue with her. The entire car ride I was looking out the window wondering how will I live with that burden. I knew turning myself in was the right thing to do, but I was scared.

"Damian?" Felicity called after parking the car in front of the school building. I turned to her slowly. She scrutinized me for a moment. I could tell from her face that she had a lot of questions that she wanted to ask me, but she decided against it.

"I will come pick you up straight after school. Hopefully by then you'll tell me where were you all this time. You're already late for class." She said. I nodded then  climbed out the car quietly. 

––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––

Apart from the whimsical gossip and Gabriella's death glares school went by fine. I made it to lunch time still in one piece which shocked me because it contradicted the crumbling state I was feeling inwardly.

I sighed softly while walking to my locker. I threw in my biology textbook inside the locker then closed it. However, I jumped as a girl was standing behind the door of the locker. She smiled at me while I stared at her incredulously.
"Hey." The girl said.

I admired her long black hair that also had curtain bangs. She had bright green forest eyes and a few freckles around the bridge of her nose and cheeks. She was wearing a black turtleneck crop top with black baggy pants and white sneakers. She also had a nose ring. She was a cute emo girl but she still gave me some creepy vibes.

"Hi." I reluctantly said. "What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Looking for you of course." The girl replied with a cheerful grin while I wrinkled my eyebrows at her. "You're the one who goes by the name Damian Miller, right?"

I felt panic and took a step back.
"What do you want from me?" I asked.
"It will be asinine to discuss this matter out in public like this." The girl said then tilted her head to the side as her grin grew wider. "How about we go somewhere else?" She proposed.

I didn't like that.
"Who are you?" I asked still walking back. However, my back quickly hit a wall. I was cornered.

I gulped then looked around, but I was confused when the place around me started fading away. Everyone was slowing down and blurring out. What was going on?

Meanwhile, the girl chuckled softly making me turn to her.
"Oh Damian. I'm the devil." She replied then snapped her fingers. The place around us disappeared and we were now in a pitch black room.

I looked around the place and gulped. I turned to the girl.
"The devil?" I echoed anxiously. "Are you here to take me to hell?" I asked.
"Well, it's nice to know that our leader is smart." The girl said. That was clearly sarcastic.

I wrinkled my eyebrows at her.
"What do you mean 'our leader'?" I asked.
"All shall be revealed shortly. Though, just be glad I found you before Chase did because he was going to hurt you in the most fucked up way possible." She explained then held my hand leading me to the right where appeared a black door that had two black angel wings on each side of the frame. There were also devil horns at the top and the door knob was a small human skull.

"Wait. Did you say Chase?" I asked.
"Oliver was right. You two do know each other. All the more reason why you should be grateful that I found you first." The devil said opening the door. "I am Rachel, by the way and welcome to hell." She gestured inside the door.

                         🌺

Please vote :)