Chapter 21

I buckle down on the floor from pure exhaustion. 

"Their out.. To fucking kill us!.. I'm telling you!" Ry says next to me while gasping for breath. 

"No kidding!" I exhale from my lying position. 

Like Ry I was also training as a war mage but on addition to that secretly doing elemental practice as well from Coralie. 

Which in both drained my energy to the point that I was resting whenever I had the chance and studying when teachers were around me. 

It was as if I could absorb and learn any power around me with the help of the person who possessed it. The only ones who knew about what I could do was Ry, Coralie and I was planning to tell Lavendar once I could test out healing. But that wouldn't be anytime soon as I couldn't handle all three of those at once. 

*Announcement: Attention to all war trainees. Your scheduled dueling for your final exams will be held tomorrow rather than the dates that were assigned. Please check in with your instructors for further details ASAP. *

"TOMMOROW?" we both scream at the same time. 

"Fuck this shit, Ari. I think this is the best time to go M.I.A. There will be a crazy amount of people tomorrow and nobody will notice that we are gone till it's our turn. By then we will be far away from this place."

"Ugh it's too late for me. My monitors were already put on me this morning. Which means no lessons with Coralie and no escaping for me till this stupid things are off my body." 

Ry stares at me with her mouth open.

"What the hell? Why would you do that? Our scheduled one was next week. Unless they knew about the change and just wanted to wait to tell us about it when it was fucking night." 

"Forget about that Ry. I'm so drained that I can't even get up from the floor. How the hell am I supposed to battle with someone who's my senior?"

Ry sits up on the plush ground and grabs my arm to help me up in that position.

"We are going to take a quick trip to Lav's room! Let's get some of that energy restored before tomorrow. I'll drop you off there and then get my monitor on. And after that hear Maven yap about the layout for tomorrow. I'll call you in when he does that." 

"Well about that.. Lav is going to be one of the healers for the duels so uh I don't know if she will have the strength for that."

"Okay then we'll just fill up your battery with a little bit of energy." Ry says with showing how much she means with her fingers. 

I agree with her and groan as I stand up. 

My hair has been changing color like Lav's did and now has gold highlights. It's against the academy's rules to change your hair color as it represents what power you have but I started dying it the second it started showing up in my hair. 

I couldn't risk having an inspection of or the royal's eyes hovering over me. 

Dumping the dark brown powder all over my hair, I comb my hair to let it spread and then shake my head to the left n right before tying it all up in a messy bun. 

We both slide into our black mage coats as its freezing outside. 

We're still in our dirty uniform from the day so just head out into the hallway. 

Once the both of us are outside of Lav's door I motion Ry to head to the main office for all the things she has to do before her match. 

I knock on her door. 

A few moments pass before a sleepy Lav opens the door. 

"Omg did I wake you up? I'm so sorry Lav. I should ha-"

I'm pulled into the room before she locks it. 

"Are you crazy?! You can't be seen walking around other mages buildings right before your exam! I was sleeping early cuz I knew you would be coming to ask for energy so was just storing it up. Take a seat on the bed."

I hug Lav and squeal. "Aww your the best Lav!"

It takes around 20 minutes and she wishes me luck before I head back to my room. 

I receive Ry's informational call a while after before falling asleep. 

I really hoped that tomorrow wouldn't make me comatose.