4

Aaron's POV:

Who the fuck does she keep talking to?? I've never seen him before. Is he new or something? He looks ugly. Why does he have eyes that look like diarrhea? Why's she blushing so much? What's he fucking saying to her? I didn't even focus on whatever the teacher was saying. I just kept looking at those two talking as though the world didn't fucking exist.

Finally, the class ended and they both left together. I'm skipping the next class. I need to see where the fuck he goes and what he does.

I followed him to some history class. It was so fucking boring. He didn't do much. Just listened to whatever the teacher said. I asked a couple of my friends and his name is Nate Wolfe. That's a disgusting name, maybe even as pathetic as Aurelia's.

When it was around 8, I sat down near Aurelia's dorm, as was my usual nightly routine before going out to a party or something. She left her dorm. Why would she leave? Where's she going? She has no real friends except two girls. But, they would not invite Aurelia out so late. I decided to follow her wherever she was going. She's going to some dorm. Huh. Nate. Fucking Nate. What the fuck is she doing with him? He's inviting her inside??

I waited outside there for an hour until it got too much for me and I knocked on the door and walked away, still getting a decent view of the door but in a place where there was no way anyone could see me. He opened the door and looked around and she came out, opening the door wider, and noticed that no one was there.

She said something to him and he smiled and nodded. He kissed her cheek. Why the fuck is he touching her? I hate him. I hate her. I fucking hate her.
She walked out of the building and started walking back to her dorm. Should I talk to her? Yes. I should.

I started walking towards her as she walked towards the park instead of going to the dorms.

"Why are you out this late, Gray?"

"I had a date. You see, Hawthorne, that's what happens when you form real connections with real people instead of fucking every moving thing."

"Mhm, how was your little date?"

She blushed.

What the fuck? He's making her blush? Only I have the privilege to do that.
I felt jealousy flowing in every vein of my body. I don't even know why I was jealous. Nate could never be close to who I am, so why is she choosing him?

She sat down at a bench in the park and I stood there looking at her.

"Why are you out here? Don't you have a party to go to?

"Yeah, I do. But annoying you is much more fun"

I sat down next to her and she moved a little away.

"Why do you smoke so much?" She asked.

"I don't know. I've tried to quit. But I just see no reason to."

She looked at me, confused.

"Hm."

" Would you date a smoker?" I asked her.

"No. I think I'd be way too annoyed to breathe near them."

I nodded and then got up to leave, unsure of what to do. Great, i can quit now. I hope.

"Can you drop me back to my dorm? On the way here, I heard footsteps but no one was behind me." She said, looking worried.

"Of course." I smiled knowingly.

I dropped her back to her dorm, she said goodnight and closed the door. I stood there, still surprised that we had a normal conversation where neither of us teased each other or snapped at each other. I didn't know that was possible for us.

-----

The next morning, I went to that super early class, that for some reason she has every single day. I sat down a little away from her, so she doesn't think anything weird. I had stayed up pretty late last night studying. I needed to win this bet. If this was the only way I'd get her then I don't care. I'm going to win this. It might seem like the most annoying thing, having to compete to get her but I had no other choice. She would never go out with me. I'd been so jumpy since last night. I hadn't had any cigarettes. I have a reason to quit now, but it's so difficult trying to do it. I threw away all the cigarette packs and my lighters in an impulse decision but it'll be worth it. I hope. I hadn't had breakfast yet. Aurelia hadn't either. I wonder why.

After the class, I followed her to the breakfast hall and saw her walking towards that piece of shit, Nate. Of course, they're probably dating now. Does she not see that I love her? Wait. No. I don't love her. I have an infatuation with her. I just need to get to know her and I'll probably dump her after it. That's all it is. Nothing more. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not the one she would choose. It's him.

He's kind to her, he's obvious about his feelings toward her, he doesn't tease her and doesn't set pointless bets to get to her.
No wonder she's with him right now and not me. I saw him kiss her and suddenly my appetite was gone.

I went back to my dorm and stayed there the rest of the day, completely ignoring all the classes I had today. I made a paper rose for her. I make one every day she isn't with me. Every day she doesn't talk to me. I left it in front of her door and walked away. I didn't want to see her eye fuck another guy in front of me right now. She's probably gonna step on it or throw it away, thinking it's garbage just like she's done every other time she's seen it.
I wonder if she ever thinks about me the way I think about her. Aurelia. Golden. Just like her beautiful eyes.

~~~~~