8

Aurelia's POV

Hawthorne and I had been called to the dean's office. I have no idea why. I don't think we did anything noticeable enough to be called here. I mean, bickering endlessly in class doesn't call for a private meeting with the dean. Does it?

"Hi, I'm here to meet the dean. I was called here." I said to the dean's assistant.

"Yes, Aurelia. Please take a seat next to Mr. Hawthorne. Dean Adams will see you in a minute."

I turned around to see Hawthorne sitting on a chair, his smug smile resting on his face per usual.

" Hello, Gray."

" What did you do this time?" I asked him, sighing and sitting down on the chair next to him.

The last time we'd been called to the dean's office was when Hawthorne spread rumors around the campus that I slept with Dean Adams's son.

"Why would you think I did anything?" He asked, feigning innocence.

" Oh, I'm sorry. Do you not remember the last time we were called here? "

" Oh. " He laughed, " I didn't do anything this time. I promise, my love. "

" Ew, don't call me that. "

" Hm. " He said, before leaning his head on the wall behind the chair, smiling.

" What? "

" Nothing. " He said, his smile wider.

" Ugh, genuinely, go fuck yourself. "

" Will you watch? I'm sure you'd love to. " He said, moving so his face was right in front of mine.
I could smell the vanilla body wash on him.
"I would rather die."

He laughed and shrugged, sitting back.

"Dean Adams will see you now." We heard the assistant say. I got up immediately and walked to the door before he could. He laughed softly before getting up too.

"Hello, Ms. Gray. Oh, and hello, Mr. Hawthorne. I hope you both have been having a good day." Dean Adams said once we entered.

I smiled and nodded at him before glaring at Hawthorne.

"Please have a seat. Both of you."

We both sat down.

" So, the reason I've called you both here is because we've got a very important Ivy League national quiz competition going on in New York. Two people are going there for each subject and since you both are the class toppers for psychology, I want you two to represent Harvard. You'll be there for a week. You'll get your own room so you won't have to worry about privacy. 10 other teams are going from Harvard and you can coordinate with them as well. I would love it if you accept this offer. "

" So, we're gonna be a team?" I asked.

" Yes, exactly. You both will work together against some of the best schools. If you win, you get an internship with the best clinical psychologist in the country. "

Oh, shit. No fucking way I can say no to this.

" Now, I know you both do not like working together but I would really appreciate it if you accepted and tried adjusting. "

" I'll do it. But, I won't do it if she isn't doing it with me. " Hawthorne said, his arms crossed.

" Huh and why's that? " Dean Adams asked.

" Everyone else just isn't good enough. No offense."

" Will you do it, Ms. Gray? "

" Of course. When do we have to leave? "