15

Aurelia's POV:

Running into Hawthorne on the way to Nate's dorm was a huge surprise to me. He's such a dick. I can't even believe him. God. Stupid fucking asshole.
"Hi, sweetheart," Nate said as soon as he opened the door.
I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I moaned softly when he slipped his tongue inside my mouth. Grabbing his hair, I pulled him even closer to me.
I moaned his name when he moved his mouth to my neck, carrying me over to his bed.
"Do you want this?" He asked gently.
I nodded.
"I need words, sweetheart." He whispered against my skin.
"Yes, Nate. Please." 
He lay me down on the bed and kissed me again, this time much more desperate.
" I've never done this before. " He said, his cheeks turning red.
I smiled, " I haven't either. Are you sure you wanna do this?"
"Yes. I'm sure, sweetheart."
He kissed me again and took off my T-shirt and sweatpants.
"You look beautiful." He said softly.
"Take these off. Please." I said, tugging at his t-shirt.
He laughed before taking off his t-shirt and trailing kisses down my body, leaving marks that no one but us could see.

----

It's been a month since I last talked to Hawthorne. The midterms are drawing closer and I cannot imagine what's gonna happen if I lose.  He's been talking to me but I cannot talk to him. The more he talks to me the more I fall for him. I love Nate. I really do. He's been so sweet ever since I met him. It's such a confusing thing for me. Being in love with him feels so good. So warm and safe. But, Hawthorne, it's like the complete opposite. I never know what he might say to me.

"Hello, my love." He said softly, sitting down next to me in class.
A blush rose up my cheeks at the nickname.
"What do you want, Hawthorne?"
"Just wanted to talk to you, that's all."
"What is it?"
"Have you finished studying?"
"Yes."
"Hm. You confident?"
"Yes."
"Good for you."
Even looking at his annoying face gave me butterflies.

I went over to Blair's dorm once all my classes were over. We'd decided to meet because I'd been really confused about all this shit with Nate and Hawthorne.
"Hi, babe."
I hugged her but didn't say anything.
"Talk to me."
"I'm confused."
"What's the confusion about?"
" I love him, Blair. "
" Nate? "
I shook my head.
" Aurelia... "
" I know it's wrong. I love Nate. I really do. But, every time I'm close to Aaron I feel butterflies in my stomach. I just can't do it anymore. "
" If you truly loved Nate, there wouldn't have to be a choice. "
" I know. I wish I loved him, Blair. I truly wish I did. I know it's love. But, I love him too."
" Are you sure?"
I nodded.
" Aurelia... Aaron loves you. I know it for a fact but I know Nate loves you too. He loves you so much and I can see it. Even Archer can see it."
" Can't I love them both?"
" You can't be with them both, Aurelia."

Tears fell from my eyes as I looked at her, more confused than I'd ever been in my life.
" Please."
" I wish there was a different answer but there isn't."
She wrapped her arms around me and I cried, realizing there was no way I would ever want to break up with Nate. He's the sweetest person I've ever met.
"I have to choose Nate, right?"
"You don't have to do anything, Aurelia."
"I love him. All Hawthorne has done is give me mixed signals and insult me and tell me shit since the day we met."
"He's unpredictable, yes. But that doesn't mean he doesn't love you."
"I don't care. I don't care. If he can't tell me the truth and just expect me to break up with Nate, then I can't choose him. I won't."
"Okay. This is your choice, babe. Don't think about it too much, okay? Nate's an amazing guy."
"I know." I smiled.
" Now tell me. How was your date last night?"
"Perfect. We went to that diner. He showed me a painting he made of the galaxy. It was beautiful."
" He's really talented, isn't he?"
I nodded. It should've been an easy choice. Nate is a million times better than Hawthorne.

----