25

Aaron's POV:

Aurelia had been getting stressed like crazy. It worried me. She'd slipped to a 98 this week. I have never seen her get below a 99. She cried when she saw that she did "bad" according to her standards.

She kept talking about her mom and how disappointed she'd be if she ever found out about her grades. If her mom can't fuckIng understand that people make mistakes sometimes then I'm gonna have to have a serious fucking conversation with her. She fell asleep in my dorm after crying her fucking eyes out.

It had been only the first week of the semester and she was already like this. Our next weekly test was today, we'd get our results tomorrow. I dreaded this. She has been distant from me since she got her results last time. I hated that I couldn't see her often, except in classes, where she wouldn't even talk to me. She refused to study with me and claimed it would only be a distraction which I completely understand, she has her ways of studying but she didn't talk to anyone. Not even Blair.

After the test, I went over to talk to her. Her eyes were sunken and there were dark circles under them. She looked exhausted and so small.

"Hi, love."

She gave me a small smile. A smile that didn't quite reach her eyes like it always did. She didn't say anything. After ten minutes she finally said,

"I'm sorry I haven't spoken to you much."

"How are you?" I asked, my voice laced with concern.

"I'm fine."

We sat down at a bench in the park and I wrapped my arms around her. I pulled her close to me and kissed her forehead gently.

"What's wrong, my love?" I asked her, about twenty minutes later.

"Nothing, I just want to be good for her, you know? I want to be able to make them proud."

"I know. I know you do. But, you're ruining yourself. " I sighed. " When was the last time you had an actual meal, Lia? "

"I don't know. "

"We're going out tonight. Don't you dare try to say no. You need this."

She nodded, as a small smile emerged on her beautiful face. Finally.

I picked her up for our date at 7, with the paper flowers I always get for our dates. She opened her door and smiled at me, before asking me to come in. Her room was surprisingly not that messy. She asked me to sit down and I gave her the flowers before I did so. I sat on her bed as I watched her put on some makeup. She looked beautiful either way. She smiled at me when she caught me staring at her and called me over. I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her as I rested my head on hers. She smiled, leaning back onto my chest, her hands holding mine gently. Once she was done with her makeup, she turned around to kiss me, her hands gently playing with my hair. I groaned as she pulled away.

"We have a date to get to, Aaron." She said, her eyes mischievous.

I nodded and picked her up from her chair, locking the door behind me as I carried her over to my car while ignoring her adorable protests. I drove us to one of her favorite restaurants and we sat down next to each other. She was rambling about how annoying it was that she would never be able to read all the books in the world even if she spent her entire life trying. She is a naturally curious person, so I'm not even surprised this is one of her biggest concerns right now. I rested my face on my hand as I watched her talk. She looked so beautiful. She always does. She truly is beautiful.

She stopped talking to look at me,
"What?"

"What?" I asked, my hand reaching out to move a strand of hair out of her face.