10

Aurelia's POV:

I had no fucking reason to get so close to him. What the fuck am I doing? Five more days with him. In such proximity. Him shirtless. I need a different room. I can't even joke about it anymore because I don't even know if I'd want to say no to anything that could happen. I took a shower before he woke up and walked down to the reception.
"Hi, I really need a separate room. Do you have anything available?"
"I'm sorry, ma'am. Everything is completely booked."
" Okay, is there any girl from the competition who's got any space for me in her room?"
" Nope. We've got twenty rooms with single beds and they're all occupied by the competition members. We have two rooms but they're both occupied by a large family. The other one is yours."

" Any hotels nearby that I could go to?" I asked, seeing no other options.

" Yes, of course. But, they're all occupied by other school members."

I sighed.

" Thank you. " I said and left.

I walked back to the room,
" Where have you been? " Hawthorne asked, his eyes frantic.

" Downstairs. "

"Why?"

"I needed a different room."

He looked at me for a moment, opening his mouth before closing it again.

"Cool." He said and walked away.
What the fuck? That's it?
I cannot be bothered by his shit anymore.
"We need to talk." He said after changing his clothes.
"About what?"
"The kiss."
"There was no kiss. I feel nothing for you."
"What do you call what happened yesterday?"
" A mistake. We did not kiss. We just got a lot closer than we should have. That's all it was. It was late. I was tired."
" Right. Drinks make you do shit like that, Aurelia. Not exhaustion."
" What happened last night was nothing," I said, emphasizing each word.
" You cannot keep doing this to me."
" Doing what?"
" Leading me on."
"I'm not doing shit."
" Really, Aurelia? You touch me. You get so close to my face that only one inch of distance remains between us. You fucking kiss me. You touch me when you're sleeping-"
" You're just making shit up at this point, Hawthorne."
" No, I'm fucking not. You're with some jerk who doesn't fucking know what he's got. He's dragging you along while he learns some shit about sex by fucking you with no commitment."

" Can you shut up? I like him and he likes me. "
" This is not fucking high school. Like does not make a difference." He leaned closer to my face. "You need someone who shows you he loves you every night. Someone who doesn't just fuck you. Someone who makes love to you. Someone who fucking has the balls to ask you to be his. "
" Like who? "
He looked at me and then looked at my lips for a moment before looking into my eyes again.
" Fuck off."
"No. You wanna say shit like that and then not say who. I swear to God, Hawthorne just tell me. Do you like me?"
"No."
"Fine then. It shouldn't bother you who I fuck or whether I'm committed to him."
" Fuck yourself, Aurelia. "
" Fuck you too, Hawthorne. You make my life a living hell. Every day I wake up wishing I could slit your throat open."
" I'd love to die at your hands, my love. " His voice was dangerously low.
" Oh my god. Can you just not?" I yelled.
" Kill yourself." He said softly and walked out of the room.

What the fuck is wrong with him? Fucking piece of shit. I went down to get breakfast and he was sitting alone, away from the other members of Harvard. I went and sat down with them. They were all really nice except the physics team who thought they were better than us. Hawthorne just glared at me from his corner of the room. I left as soon as I was done eating and went back to the room. The quiz today would start at 6 so I had time to just revise if I needed to. I heard the door open and Hawthorne came in. He sat down next to me and started reading a book. 'A little life', That's the book I had kept in my bag and couldn't find.