12

Aurelia's POV:

As I waited for Hawthorne to come back out from the shower, I called Nate.
"How is he?" He asked
"He's fine. The same."
"Okay. That's good. Are you okay?"
"Yeah. He's been nice."
"Not him, sweetheart. I need you to tell me how you are. How's the competition? Are you getting enough sleep?"
"It's pretty great. Yes, I am getting enough sleep. And I'm fine. How are you?" I said, laughing.
"Fine." I could practically hear his smile.
"Oh, wait I have to go. Someone's calling on the phone in the room."
"Okay. Take care, sweetheart. Goodnight."
"Goodnight, Nate," I said, a blush on my cheeks.

I picked up the call
"Hi, I'm calling from the reception."
"Hi. Is everything okay?"
"Yes. You had asked us to inform you if there was an availability and a room has just opened up. You could switch tomorrow if you'd still like to."
Oh. I don't know if I want to. Do I want to? I mean, he hasn't been an asshole recently. Fuck. Should I ask him?

"Ma'am, are you still there?"
"Yes. Um... We're fine without the room. Thanks."

I hung up before I could change my mind.

Fuck. Am I making a mistake? Not like he'll find out, right? He won't. There's no way.
I took my book from the bedside table and started reading. After about 30 minutes, Hawthorne came out of the bathroom, his towel dangerously low on his waist as the water dripped down from his hair to his toned chest.
I went back to focusing on my book and I could feel him staring at me. I felt my cheeks turning red. I thought I told him to stop looking at me like that. I heard the rustle of clothes and felt the bed dip next to me after a few moments.

"Are you reading porn again?" He said, reading the book over my shoulder.
"It's not porn." It was.
"His 16-inch long cock was exposed after I took off his boxers and I gasped at the size. Sixteen inches? Seriously? You would die."
"Please you're just jealous you're tiny."
"Like what you're getting is much better. I bet Nate's cock is adorably tiny. "
" Nate's cock is a lot of things but it's definitely not tiny. " I said.
" Why don't you continue reading that book, my love? We'll see if we can recreate those scenes some other time. When you're not being a naive idiot. "
I rolled my eyes before going back to reading my book. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.
My love.
That's so- No.
Ew.
That's Hawthorne. The guy I hate.
I'm starting to regret my decision now.
He started reading the book he stole from me. I heard him sniffle a little and he closed the book and turned off the light. Good for him. He deserves sadness.
"What is it, Hawthorne? Can't handle how sad it is?"
"Oh, please." He turned on the light again. "I just feel a cold coming."

"Sure," I said sarcastically and went back to reading my book. A small smile played on my face as I read.

After about an hour, I was close to finishing my book and turned off my light. He had been scrolling on his phone the entire time and sighed when I turned off the light.

"Finally." He said, turning off his own light.
The pillow barrier wasn't there this time and it didn't bother me. I trust him. I don't know why but... I trust him.

The next few days went by pretty smoothly. Our position in the competition kept switching between first and second place. The final was scheduled for Saturday. Our last day here would be Sunday. We'd been practicing like crazy to beat Cornell. They were a good team. But we're better. We have to be.
We were at the same library again.
"Okay, so we're done. You've memorized the whole book. You're sure?" He asked me.
"Oh my God. For the hundredth time. I'm sure. "
" If we lose this because of you, Gray, I will kill you."
"Whatever. Are you sure you're prepared?" I asked him.
"Yes. One hundred percent."
"Okay."
I was nervous but so excited. These Cornell bitches have nothing on us. I hope.