Epilogue

Aurelia

We got engaged as soon as college ended. It's our wedding today and I have never been happier. It's been nearly six months since our engagement. We decided to have our wedding in a beautiful palace in The Netherlands. It was a small wedding even though there were hundreds of people outside.

"Aurelia! You have no idea how happy I am for you. God, you're gonna look beautiful." Blair said.
She and Archer had gotten engaged about a month ago.
She hugged me. I am so grateful for her. I can't even put it into words. I got a text from Aaron.
"Can you help me do my tie?"

Aw. I'd helped him with his graduation tie and I'm sure he knows how to do his own tie, but he still asked me.

"I'm getting ready."
"Please, my love. I'm not going to get to see you after you wear your dress. I miss you. :("
" Fine. I'll be there in two minutes, baby. "
" Can't wait, my love. "
" I have to go. " I said to Blair.
" Loverboy missing you? "
" Shut up. " I said, rolling my eyes sarcastically.

I went to his room and knocked on the door.
Archer opened it almost immediately.
"Aurelia." He said, smiling.
"Go away, Archer." I heard Aaron's voice.
"Please don't have sex here. You're going to be married in like 30 minutes."
" Leave. " Aaron said sharply.

He was adjusting his suit and he turned around to look at me. He blushed.

" You look perfect. "
I smiled.
" Come here. "

He walked up to me and kissed me deeply, his hands roaming my body.

"I can't wait to marry you." He said, breathing heavily after pulling away.
I laughed.
"I love you so much."
"I love you too, Lia." He said softly. I kissed him again.
"Give me your tie."
"I tried asking your father to help but uh... He kind of choked me as he tied it and told me he'd kill me if I hurt you. "
" Aw, baby. I'm so sorry. I won't choke you, I promise. "
" What if I ask nicely? "
" Maybe then. "

He blushed. He's so perfect. Everything about him is. His eyes shone as a tear fell from his eye.

" What's wrong? " I asked, finishing up the tie.
" I just love you so much. I... I can't believe we're getting married. "

He wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back.

" I've to go get ready. " I wiped his tears away and blinked away my own.
" Okay. I love you, Lia. "
" I love you too, baby. "

" You nervous? " My dad asked me as my arm was wrapped around his just before we walked down the aisle.
"Yes. Yes, I'm perfect."
"I'm glad you see it too, Aurelia. Are you ready?"
I smiled.
"Yes. I've been ready for so long."
"He's a good guy."

He patted my arm comfortingly and we walked down the aisle together.

I looked at Aaron and he smiled as tears fell from his eyes.

Tears slipped past my eyes as well. I had never been happier. I am so excited about our future together. I can't imagine what my life without him would be like. I stood in front of him and he took my hand in his.

"You look beautiful, my love." He said softly. His cheeks were red and stained with tears. He wiped away my tears.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too, Lia." I wiped away his tears and looked at the priest.

He started with the speech and I looked at Aaron the entire time. His eyes never left mine and his hands held mine tightly.

"Time for your vows. Aurelia..."

I smiled and looked back at Aaron.

"Aaron, you mean everything to me. I hated you the moment I met you nearly four years ago. I never thought it would be possible to love someone as much as I love you. You have been nothing but perfect in our entire relationship. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in my life. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, because I know it will be nothing but happy. I love you so much. "

He grinned, his eyes were filled with tears.
"I love you too." He mouthed.
"Your vows, Aaron?" The priest asked.
He smiled.

"Aurelia, I tell you this every day, but you are the love of my life. You're my best friend. You make me better. I am going to love you for the rest of my life. I have been in love with you since you spilled that extremely hot bowl of soup on me and laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. I had been winning MUNs and debate competitions for years but the day you sat next to me, I realised what it felt like to be truly nervous and stutter... I fell in love with your laugh, your eyes, your hair, your beautiful voice. Everything. The day we started dating was the happiest day of my entire life. Until today. I promise I am going to cherish you and prove to you every day that I love you. Everything about you is perfect and I will never let you forget it. "

" Thank you. " The priest said. "Do you, Aurelia Gray, take Aaron Hawthorne to be your lawfully wedded husband? "
" I do. " I said, tears falling down my face.
" And do you, Aaron Hawthorne take Aurelia Gray to be your lawfully wedded wife? "
" I do. "

" I now pronounce you Husband and Wife."

Aaron kissed me as soon as the priest said it and I faintly heard him say, "You may now kiss the bride." We both laughed.

I wrapped my arms around Aaron and kissed him back even harder. I would have fallen down if it wasn't for Aaron's grip on my waist, holding me up. Supporting me just like he's always done.
We pulled away after what felt like the most perfect eternity, both of us breathing heavily. We heard our friends and family clap for us and we laughed against each other's lips.

"I love you, Mrs. Hawthorne." He whispered.
"I love you too, my amazing husband."

He laughed and we pulled away. He kissed my forehead before picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I found heaven. It was him. It will always be him. He was my home and my comfort. He always will be.