Accidentally in love...(Part Three)

Peter stared at the man in front of him; he was covered in scars, and Peter thought it was absolutely beautiful.

"I know I'm not that good-looking, but you don't have to stare," Wade said, looking away.

Peter snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Wade, probably. He could literally see the self-loathing in his eyes.

"Well, I think you look awesome," Peter said gently, stepping closer to Wade.

"What?" Wade looked at him incredulously.

"I like your scars, and they tell your story. They tell what you've been through. That you're a survivor," Peter said; he took Wade's hand and pulled him towards the blanket.

"What's this?" Wade asked, looking down at the picnic.

"You'll see. Come on, sit down. Bucky and I made chimichangas," Peter said, sitting down. Wade clapped happily and plopped down beside Peter.

As Peter severed, Wade talked about everything that happened in the past four days that he had been gone. After the food was done and the special wine was done Peter and Wade sat on the blanket in silence for a while, Peter shifting nervously every now and then.

"Peter, what's wrong?" Wade asked after Peter shifted for the thousandth time.

"It's best if I show you," Peter said and pulled a wrapped box out of the basket and handed it over to Wade. Wade unwrapped it and pulled out a red sweater. Wade unfolded it, and a look of confusion crossed his face.

On the front, It said. 'Spiderman loves me,' And under that was a picture of Spiderman and Deadpool cuddling in a heart shape.

"Peter, what..what is this?" Wade asked, looking between Peter and the sweater.

"Wade, the first time we met, I was as confused as hell. You were this perky, upbeat person who apparently was my biggest fan. Then we started spending time together. You got me my first taco, my first chimichanga. You made patrolling fun with all the stories you tell. I didn't know when it happened or how. But I fell in love with you. I fell in love with your always-happy attitude, and you have conversations with your boxes. Everything, wade," Peter confessed.

Wade sat there for a moment, stunned. Peter...loved...him. The boy he loved...loved him back. Wade couldn't help himself; he leaned forward and kissed Peter, shocking him. He put his hand on Peter's waist and pulled him closer. "I love you too, Petey-pie," He said, pulling away.

"Really?" Peter asked, surprised.

"Yes, I do," Wade said, cuddling close to Peter.

"Great, then there's just one question," Peter said happily.

"Which is?" Wade asked, Pulling Peter closer.

"Will you, Wade Wilson, the most handsome man on the planet, give me the honor of being my boyfriend?" Peter asked, looking at him hopefully. Wade kissed him hard.

"Should I take that as a yes?" Peter asked sassily.

"You better," Wade said, smiling at him.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 461

Re-published: April 22, 2024, 8:30 am

When are you reading this?