Year 3 Chapter 9: The Feast

For those who cant read:

September 1st, 1993

Dear Diary,

For fucks sake guys cheering charms shouldn't be used that much.

You're hurting my fucking head.

-S. E

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

It was a sea of pointed black hats; each of the long house tables was lined with students, their faces glimmering by the light of thousands of candles, which were floating over the tables in midair. Professor Flitwick, who was a tiny little wizard with a shock of white hair, was carrying an ancient hat and a three-legged stool out of the hall.

"Oh," said Hermione softly, "we've missed the Sorting!"

New students at Hogwarts were sorted into houses by trying on the Sorting Hat, which shouted out the house they were best suited to. Professor McGonagall strode off towards her empty seat at the staff table, and Y/n, Harry and Hermione set off in the other direction, as quietly as possible, towards the Gryffindor table. People looked around at them as they passed along the back of the hall, and a few of them pointed at Harry and Y/n. Had the story of them collapsing in front of the Dementor travelled that fast?

He and Hermione sat down on either side of Ron, who had saved them seats. Y/n sat just across from them next to Fawn, who had saved her a seat, this however resulted in three bodies quickly sneaking across the hall and plopping themselves down next to them.

"Y/n!" Maia exclaimed pulling the girl into a hug.

"You're awfully chipper." Y/n giggled "Have you had some chocolate?"

"Yep! Angel gave it to me he's my new best friend!" She giggled.

"Oh really? What am I then?" Y/n asked leaning over to whisper to Fawn "Did Angel put something in her chocolate?"

"My old best friend duh!" Maia said.

At that moment the headmaster stood up to speak, and conversation silenced.

Professor Dumbledore, though very old, always gave an impression of great energy. He had several feet of long silver hair and beard, half-moon spectacles and an extremely crooked nose. He was often described as the greatest wizard of the age, but that wasn't why Harry respected him. You couldn't help trusting Albus Dumbledore, and as Harry watched him beaming around at the students, he felt really calm for the first time since the Dementor had entered the train compartment.

Y/n, however- felt on edge, sensing an air of unease somewhere in the hall.

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast ..."