Chapter 16

Chapter 16 TWTW

"Have you got a clear lipgloss babe, I left mine at home." Sophie was sat at my dresser touching up her makeup. She came over early this morning as her water got shut off around her neighbourhood and she wanted a shower.

"I think there's one in my purse, it's on my bed!" I shouted back to her from the bathroom. My mouth was full of the white foam from my toothpaste. I continued to brush my teeth while staring myself down in my mirror. I was really focusing on my neck, since last night a couple of small hickeys have popped up on my neck.

I managed to cover them with concealer before Sophie came round, if she found out that I slept with Harry I wouldn't hear the end of it. She's my best friend and I should tell her everything but Soph has this thing where when she finds out something it's the only topic of conversation for a week straight. And personally I don't want to talk about my sex life for that long.

I spat into the sink and rinsed my mouth with water before checking my neck again just to be sure the hickeys couldn't be seen. Thanks to my amazing skills they were completely unnoticeable. I found my self smiling when the memories of last night flushed through my head.

Once me and Harry had that conversation about my scars we both fell asleep wrapped up each other. I remember feeling the stray bits of Harry's hair tickling my face as he curled up into me. We had been asleep for a while before I felt him untangle himself from me, he got up and told me he had to go home. I was still half asleep when he was wondering around my bedroom gathering his clothes and putting them on, before he left he kissed the side of my head and said he'd come back after school.

I finished up in the bathroom, switched off the light and walked back into my bedroom where Sophie was. She was digging around in my purse to find the lipgloss she wanted, once she found it she applied it to her lips by pouting and swiping the stick all over them. She shoves the lipgloss back into my bag, picked up her own and pulled her sunglasses onto her eyes.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah let me get my keys." I pulled my own bag on my shoulder and ran to the kitchen to grab my car keys. "Right let's go." I came back and opened my apartment door ready to leave.

"Wait Bri you forgot your sketchbook." Sophie came over to the door and handed me a black sketchbook that looked exactly like mine. I quickly opened my bag as I thought I already put my book in there. As I thought my portfolio was in my bag amongst the other junk in there.

"Oh that must be Harry's, I'll give it to him in class." I took the book from Sophie snd we both headed out of my apartment, me locking the door behind us. We walked down the hallway, Sophie being a step or two behind me. I didn't even have to look at her to feel her eyeballs burning into the back of my head. We walked out of the building and when I held the door open for her she had a smirk on her face. "What are you grinning at?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "No reason." She walked past me to my car.

I unlocked my car and we both got in, I was going to ignore Sophie and the weird look on her face but as I turned on the car and pulled away I could still feel Sophie staring at me. "Okay, what is your problem... why do you keep looking at me like that."

Sophie started laughing, I was so confused on what she was looking at until she turned around and looked in the back seat where our bags and Harry's sketchbook was. "You've been spending a lot of time with Harry, have you not?"

I shook my head, keeping my eyes on the road ahead. "What, no. We've been partnered together for school, that's all we've been doing together." Still keeping my thought process from earlier I opted to still lie to Sophie.