4. The Welcome gift

Advik's POV

I was in Mumbai finally. It was 5am already. I guess I could still go to office. I wasn't much tired and it would be boring to just sit home. I don't want to think about her anymore. Maybe keeping myself busy might help me forget her. The way she occupied my mind. When she hugged that guy, that moment was playing in my mind over and over crushing my heart.

I can finally concentrate on my music start up too now. I called Mann. 

"Aaj suraj kaha se nikla h?" Mann's voice rang other side.

"Abhi suraj nikla hi kaha h?" I mocked back.

"Toh tu iss time jagrata kar rha h? khud kar rha h vo thik h, mujse kyu itni badi badi expectation rakh raha h?"

"Bakwas band karr. I am in Mumbai. Just got here 15 minutes ago."

"Aaj hi aa gya?" 

"Haa now I need your help with my start up. I will check out F-groups for few days. Ek baar ye project crack ho jaye, I will earn dad's trust. Then we can commit to our start up."

"Haa thik h, I am always ready. Ab sone de kal puri raat OT mei tha." Mann's voice cracked yawning.

I declined the call and exercised for an hour or two I don't know. This is best distraction for me. Actually, pain is best distraction.

And once again it was my first day in a new office again. I have been to Mumbai many times but never visited office. 

In the office----------------

Chatters began as I entered the building. I am starting to hate it now. As I was about to call Akriti. She called back.

"Good morning, Sir. This side." She said gesturing to a lift. I followed behind her. And as the lift closed, she looked at me and asked, "All okay sir?"

"Yeah, I am fine" I forced a smile.

"You can consider me as your little sister and tell. I will keep your secret like the last one." She uttered cutely crossing her fingers. I couldn't help but smile at it. 

"Is it about Navi?" She asked again. 

"It's not like what you think."

"And how do you what I am thinking?" She uttered turning to me. 

"Ok I won't judge, it's not about her. I am just a bit tired." 

"Okay then, you can tell me if you need help with anything."  She uttered and got out of lift s door opened. Navi passed through the corridor. 

"Akriti? Why is Navi here?" I fumbled. What the hell is wrong with my life. When I wanted to see her, she was nowhere in my sight and now that I want to distance myself, she is here again afore my eyes. 

"She is leading the pheromone project." Akriti answered looking at her.

"Do you want to talk? I can......" 

"No it's fine. Let's continue with our work." I interrupted her and walked in the opposite direction of her.

"This way sir." Akriti called and Navi turned for a second looking at me but left. Thank God. But shall I talk to her? Maybe I should. Or maybe not. Forget it. Akriti showed me a cabin and left to get my coffee.

Navi's POV

The loud thud jolted me out of my work, and I sighed as another one followed.

I tried to refocus on my screen, but my ears perked up at the sound of a voice - a pleading voice.

"No....please........."

I rolled my eyes and barged into his cabin without knocking. He was standing on top of his couch, visibly afraid and embarrassed. And honestly, it was hard to keep a straight face looking at this grown man acting like a scared monster on top of furniture. But as soon as he saw me, his face flushed red as he awkwardly stood on top of the couch.

"Sir" I uttered not losing my patience and maintaining the poker face. He looked back. And his face. Was he scared? who scared the shit out of him like that? A monster standing on a sofa scared. Interesting. I could actually feel the secondhand embarrassment he must have felt. I covered my mouth with my palm composing myself. He looked down but didn't get off the sofa.

I took few steps ahead.

"No...no please don't...... stay back. Just call my guard please." He almost pleaded.

"Calm down sir, May I know what's wrong?" I stopped right at my spot gesturing him to take deep breathes.

"The.... there is.... a ragworm" He mushed his eyes glued to the floor. I looked around. The messed-up room. Looks like he threw everything at the little ragworm. Poor ragworm.

"Arey kuch bhi nhi h, aap niche aaiye" I uttered calmly approaching him.

(It is nothing, please get down)

"Kyu faltu mei ched rhi ho, guard ko bula do yrr" He pleaded again, and joined his hands in sarcasm or pleading?

(Come on stop teasing and please call my guard)

Rolling my eyes, I went to the desk phone to humor him and call for help. But before I could even dial, he pulled me towards him and trapped me between his strong arms against the table. My head almost hit the hard surface but all I could focus on were his intense dark brown eyes.

He kicked the worm, the same he was afraid of moments ago. The same worm that made him stand on sofa.

He quickly snatched it from my hand, pinning me against the desk with his strong arms. My head almost hit the hard surface but all I could focus on were his intense brown eyes locked onto mine.

His intense gaze locked onto mine as he spoke over the phone to his guards, his sleeves rolled up to reveal veiny hands and muscular biceps. A strange sensation washed over me, but I brushed it off as my imagination.

"Kya hi fayda 2-hour gym mei time waste krne ka," I taunted, unable to resist looking at his veiny hands and biceps. He ended the call and leaned in, placing the phone on the table. A strange sensation swept through my stomach, and I felt goosebumps rise on my skin as he whispered in my ear.

"Bhot fayde h, you'll soon know it." his words sending shivers down my spine. Was it my dirty mind playing tricks, or was it intentional? No, my mind must be processing it wrong. Calm down, I told myself, fanning my face with my hand, feeling breathless and red-faced.

"Apna muh band rakhna" he said before moving close to the guards. Did he mean my dropped jaw. Wait no he meant the accident. Yes, the accident. I will keep my mouth shut. I can now actually feel the second-hand embarrassment he felt.

(Keep your mouth shut out of this room)