16. Forget you?

Advik's POV

My gaze shifted to her as she stared out of car's window. Maybe processing everything she witnessed just today. I also need to. Why did she never tell she was Lavanaya, when every second I looked for her in her eyes. 

And such a fool I was. I couldn't recognize her when she was right in front of me all these 2 months. The very thought she is alive with me, made my heart flutter. I was happy but ek regret tha, inn 2 months ko waste kar dia. Usi ki aakhon mei usi ko dhoondta raha. 

"You, okay?" I finally broke the silence. 

"Hmm..." She smiled at me. And for the first time I saw a free bird in her eyes not burdened by society's norms or someone's pride. 

"But don't you think it was a bit dramatic." She uttered taking off my sunglasses and trying to copy me as I did gettting out of her house. "I will consider it your last mistake...  I need you to see how a queen is raised and treated." I couldn't help but chuckle. I finally gathered up a little courage to say out my mind that I was just teaching her. 

"I know this might not be the right time for asking all this but.... Navi? or Lavanaya?" I looked at her and she sighed but met eyes with me. 

"I thought I would be free after I get out of this house. I will be a new girl. Navi. But I couldn't. I remained the mistake my parents made......." Her eyes didn't well up this time. They had determination to be that Navi, she wanted to be. 

"You are not a mistake. Rab ka diya ayaan ho tum. You don't have the slightest idea kitni mannatien mangi hai bas tumhari is ek jhalak ke lie."  

She smiled. Smile so wide. As if she was also waiting to hear this all her life. But a part of me hurt. She suffered all alone while I was told she was no more. 

"I have millions of questions for you. And billions of things to tell you. But I don't even know where to start. It's overwhelming to have so much on mind but not being able to express it." I ranted within a breath and her smile widening with each word.  

"Why did you not tell me, you were alive? Right beside me?"  I started.

"I thought you would have forgotten me. It has been 17 years. I thought I was just a passing cloud. A fleeting 2-month chapter in your life." Her eyes numb again. And so were mine this time. 

"You silly girl. You are not just a fleeting chapter. You are the main lead in my story. The only I ever fell for." I uttered and looked back at her, but she was still. 

"You remember that marriage contract we made? That freaking page never even allowed me to look at any girl. I thought I was going to die single......." She chuckled. 

"Agar mai nahi milti toh sach mei kabhi shaadi nahi karte?" 

I swayed my head chuckling. "Kabhi nahi. I keep my promises." 

She leaned to window chuckling, and I remembered the portraits I made. I drew her right. Absolutely right. She was the girl, my eyes craved 17 years for. 

My phone rang on the back seat. Navi picked up my phone and her expressions changes. Her face turning pale white. I took the phone from her hand. Hitler flashed on my screen. Haa Mere face ka colour bhi uda.  15 missed calls. My dad was the only one I was scared of. But I picked up. 

"Good morning, Prince. Shayad aaj aap uthna bhul gaye hai. The meeting has been dismissed after waiting for you for a whole hour. "

"I am sorry dad. I was a bit stuck today. I will explain you every...."

"Or maybe our prince charming forgot to do his homework. Ya meeting hi bhul gaye?" He interrupted. I was about to say something when he again started, " Tum beta pehle office aao. Fir baat karte hai." He hanged up.