6. Maybe

Advik's POV

I called Mann as I reached in the cafe of his hospital. I turned in frustration and my eyes landed on her. For the first time I saw her smiling. Her eyes focused on turning pages of her book. Her feet drumming on floor impatiently, her smile widening, her brows tensed. Oh, girl what got you smiling like that? Reading comedy or romance but I was mesmerized by the smile carving on her lips. And those enthusiastic brown eyes glimmering with every turning pages.  I tried to get a look at the cover of the book she was reading but....

And a hand on my shoulder pulled me back to reality. Mann patted my shoulder. 

"Yahi h hamari diary wali Cinderella?" his voice rang in my ear making me want to slap him in reflex but I resisted the urge. 

"Tumhe kya pata?" I asked removing his hand from my shoulder. 

"Tumhari dream girl nhi pta hoga. Jo sketch banaya tha tumne last year ye exact waisi hi dikhti h nahh, isn't it strange you drew a person you never even met."

"Maybe, jada dimaag mat lagao. There is nothing much." I said turning back looking for an empty table. But I couldn't deny the fact she exactly looks like how I imagined Lavanya, if she were alive. She was so close to her features. Only if she were alive, how pretty she would have been. How happy we would have been. Only if she were alive. But I am happy in her memories.

"Acha choro.... Vedhika se jis project ke lie fight kr rhe the uska kya scene h?" 

"I need a good team for that, and I don't know anyone here yet.  Wait....Navi I guess she is perfect for the role?"

"Haa haa jao puch lo." Mann raises his brow sipping on his coffee as a guy approached them and pulled Navi's hairs. The same guy who hugged her near MS lake. My nightmare. I gritted my teeth as he sat close to Navi. Her boyfriend, she wrote poems, letters for. I don't know why I lose my temper every time I see him. Mann snapped his finger afore my eyes. 

"Who is this guy?" Mann asked.

"Her boyfriend." I said pressing my hands tight into a fist.

"Boyfriend? Are you sure?" Mann's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. I ignored him and checked my phone as it buzzed with notification. 

"Murder ke baad death certificate mai bhijwa dunga." Mann winked at me. He is not a doctor he is a serial killer. He kills tactically. I like it my way. Kill brutally and dump body in places it is never found again.  While he used his medical skills and makes it appear like a natural death. Why put so much effort to a murder, I like it effortless but brutal. Brutal enough no one dares to lift their eyes again. 

"No need. It isn't like what you think. I will deal it myself when needed. Abhi ke lie I need to concentrate on F- groups and our startup." I said my eyes glued to the guy getting too close to her.  Mann called a waiter. 

"Yes sir?" The waiter stopped. 

"A hot latte. That guy in yellow shirt with those 2 girls. Throw it onto that guy." He said handing the waiter money. This guy. 

"Ye kya kia? Uske muh pe jaake roast krke aata nah. Aise thodi maza ayega." I leaned back in my chair.

"Bakwas band karo. Go and ask her about the project." He said practically pushing me. I got out of chair and walked to them. It went quite smooth. 

After the encounter--------

"She is coming for dinner tomorrow." I said sitting back in my chair. 

"Sidha date?" Mann clapped mocking me.

"Shut up. Not yet. It's just a friendly dinner and jada dimaag use mat karo. Tumhare paas already kami h." I sipped on my coffee. 

"Clarify me one thing, do you like her or not?"  Mann leaned on table. 

"Honestly dude I can't. I am still stuck on Lavanya. I can't get myself to look at someone the same way." 

"But she looks just like how you drew Lavanya. What's the issue then. Imagine, Navi is her twin. Bhagwan se tera dukh nhi dekha gya toh Navi ko bhej dia." Mann tried his best to manipulate me.

"Then maybe I drew her wrong. She was the only child to her parents, and she died 15 years ago." I emphasized on my last words.  "Now fucking shut up before I break your mouth right here." I roared my veins flashing as I fisted my hand under the table. Her mention makes me go crazy. Even after all these 15 years, I still can't accept the fact, she left me just like that. 

"Adi, I feel you but bro is she isn't even alive, get over. It's okay. Live a life. You can't wait for her for your whole life nah?" 

"I can. I can wait all my lives if it's for her. I promised her, I will wait." My eyes welled up reminding the haunting moment. I will wait. I promised it so confidently at such a young age where I didn't even know how bad it would hurt to wait. Only if I knew, this is how I would end up. Sleepless nights, nightmares. It all plays in my mind every night. And I wonder only if she were alive, what would she look like? I still I draw her over and over on every occasion I get. Look for her in stars, maybe somewhere she is alive, happy. And waiting for me. And I will wait for you too because that's all I can do. Not here, not this life but somewhere in a different reality you are mine.

"Mai aage kuch nhi boulnga as you wish."  Mann forced a smile. It hurts him too. I can see in his eyes. How much he has tried to set me up with girls. So, I can forget her, but I can't even look at any girl. I wish he would understand, living in her memories is better than living with someone else.

------------------------------A Shayari by your author---------------------------------

Ab kaise samjau mei use marte log h, yaadien nhi.

Aise kaise bhul jau mere asma ka chanda thi woh, koi badal toh nhi. 

Sirf ek ladki nahi, na jane kitne janmo ki fariyaad thi woh.

Uski yaadon mei hi khush hu, kisi aur ki ab aas nahi.

~Advik Ahraya (aka author)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the prologue to understand ye Lavanya kha se tapak gyi beech mei.

How was the chapter and who do you is Lavanya? Who will be main lead Navi or Lavanaya? Will he be able to accept Navi fully and forget his past?  How was the Shayari? Please vote and comment to let me know if you like the story. And comment please, it really motivates me to write. 

You can follow me on insta account for more spoilers.

author_arcade