18. Let's recreate?

Advik's POV

I sat in the office bored flipping files. The door knocked softly. 

"Come in."  I mushed yawning. I couldn't actually sleep well yesterday. It was already 4 when I reached home. And I was in office again at 7. 

Akriti entered. Her hands tightly wrapped around the files. Teary eyes but a smile on her face. 

"Thank you so much sir." 

"What for?" I smiled at her. 

She looked out of the glass wall and News was being played on the huge screen. Today's headline, 'Shasank Mehra's dead found at the entrance of Mehra apartments. I am a rapist carved on his chest. His hands cut off brutally and body was almost terrible to even look at. 2 of his friends found along in similar conditions."

"Did you do all that?" A smile graced her lips. 

"Do you think I would do something so brutal?" I asked her and her eyes questioned herself. 

"I don't know what to say. You are the kindest person I have met among all these years of my career. It is next to impossible to even think you could be this brutal." 

"I did that. And yeah, I am that brutal monster. If I am kind to my sister that doesn't mean I will be kind to the whole world. I can be a monster if anyone tried to hurt someone close to me." 

"You did that for me?" Her eyes went teary. 

"Remember you called me like an elder brother that day in the lift? I have an elder sister too. And I would do the same for her. So why not for you?" I answered and she smiled to the floor with teary eyes. 

"Umm I am sorry for being this unprofessional at office, but I have always wanted an elder brother. And having a brother like you is almost dreamy." 

"Why dreamy? I am right here for you. You have an elder brother now. Just call me whenever you have anything alright? Never ever hesitate to be unprofessional and vulnerable in front of me. You can share all your problems." I uttered and she grinned wide. 

"Waise I also wanted to know how it feels to have a younger sister. " I added and she laughed out. 

"Umm well I was here to tell you something else too." 

"Go on." 

"I heard Navi ma'am had an accident last night. So, I think you could meet her......" 

And the memories flooded in my mind. I couldn't change the night for sure. But She is safe and happy right now. That is what matters for now. 

"Thanks for the information, Akriti." I mushed slyly getting up and picking up my jacket. She laughed.

"You like her nah?" She tried to tease. 

"Tumhe kaise pata?"

"The way you look at her, it's clear..."

"How do I look at her?" 

"Like you have craving to look at her for years. Like you would never want to look away. And agree or not whenever you look at her you have admiration for in your eyes." She blurted. And I swayed my head. 

"Don't you even try to deny it." She added with a sheepish smile. 

"Waise abhi Navi mam se tum Navi bhabhi bolna start kar sakti ho." 

"What? You proposed her?" She asked excited. 

"Not properly yet but yeah."  I mushed and took a deep breathe. "I have planned a party after this deal. I will propose her officially there." I added.