𝟏𝟑. ❙𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐧

❛ 𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑴𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐍 ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞. 𝐧𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑼𝑴
𝒏𝒊𝒓𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒂

❛ i'm so ugly, that's okay 'cause so are you ❜

        𝑊𝐻𝐴𝑇 𝑀𝐸𝐴𝐷𝑂𝑊 𝐵𝐸𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑉𝐸𝐷 𝑇𝑂 be her genius, thanks to Pearl, Kai was using that to create their costumes. He wanted to strike fear into the media, so not only did he need Pearl to follow through with Beverly, but they needed a gimmick of some sort. Kai thought a travelling killer circus filled with clowns would be perfect.

Meadow had just created what Pearl's would be since she was the one who would be doing most of the killing. Pearl has experience and expertise to actually get away with it. Meadow rushed out into the living room downstairs where Harrison and Kai were sitting, waiting to see this masterpiece. "Okay, I'll admit, I don't think it's my best work, but Pearl looks stunning, as she always does. But I want your honest opinion."

Pearl came from around the corner in her new costume. Red tights held by buckles that stopped above her knee, covered by tall black boots. She had black and white striped shorts along with forearm sleeves with the same pattern. A red corset with black lace around the top and as straps with a ruffled collar laying on her skin. What pieced this all together was a black crow mask.

Meadow took a step back so that Pearl could have the room. Kai stood up from the couch and looked his wife up and down. He put his hands on her hips as she spun around, letting Kai see the whole thing. His lips slowly pulled into a smirk as he complimented, "It's perfect. It's beautiful."

Kai took off her mask so that he could actually see her face, but Pearl looked right to Meadow with her enchanting eyes. "Well, that's all thanks to Meadow. She's incredible."

"Oh, you're just so pretty. You made it perfect." Meadow returned the compliment as she looked down at the ground, far too nervous to look into her eyes. Pearl did tease her a little, still solidifying their relationship. "Gorgeous, you're already my favourite. No need to suck up."

Meadow let out a small giggle and pushed some hair behind her ear, which did genuinely make Pearl want to throw up. Everything about Meadow was so incredibly irritating, Pearl would be happy if she were her next victim. But all of this was part of Kai's plan for his movement, so Pearl would go along with it.

"These were some of my ideas for the other costumes." Meadow explained as she handed her sketchbook she left on a chair to Kai. He gave Pearl back her mask. Kai flipped through some of the sketches as Pearl put her arm on his shoulder, leaning over so she could too see them. Shockingly enough, Kai was very pleased with Meadow's work. "These are great."

"Meadow wanted to be a painter. Pretty and talented." Pearl complimented once more with a flirtatious smirk, earning yet another smitten smile from Meadow.

Suddenly, they heard the doorbell ring -- it had to be Beverly.

Kai needed to speak with her in person and actually formally meet her so that he could pull her into the movement, but before he left, he kissed Pearl's lips softly as a goodbye. With Kai gone soon after, Pearl, Meadow, and Harrison were left in the basement, Meadow more in her jealousy.

Truthfully, Beverly didn't even need to meet Kai to believe in him -- the mere idea of him was enough to give her life purpose. Kai was lucky that Pearl sold him so well. Pearl could have said anything to Beverly to manipulate her perception of Kai, which would then reflect onto his actual person. An idea and reality can go hand in hand if the right person is telling someone about it. With one conversation, Pearl was able to convince Beverly that Kai was god-like. Pearl could manipulate and control anyone.

Even Kai.

❝ 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜. ❞

- 𝒐𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒆 [the picture of dorian gray]

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚  ❙ ❘