𝟐𝟏. ❙𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧?

❛ 𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑴𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☽.⭒✻❙ 𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀, 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍? ❙✻⭒.☾•

❝ 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧

❝ 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 𝑺𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑨𝑰𝑫
𝒕.𝒂.𝒕.𝒖.

❛ being with you has opened my eyes ❜

        𝑃𝐸𝐴𝑅𝐿'𝑆 𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐼𝑅𝐸 𝑅𝑂𝐿𝐸 𝑊𝐼𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁 Kai's movement was to kill and cause chaos. She was allowed to use his followers for more swift jobs, to do things on a larger scale, but truthfully, she didn't trust a lot of them. These followers are loyal to Kai, not Pearl. Pearl has others, many others she could count on, her own followers if you will, but she prefers to do these jobs on her own.

Kai wanted to scare Ally, make sure he greatest fears and paranoia seemed completely real. Pearl had already gone to her house and spray-painted Kai's signature smiley face on her front door. She needed to think these clowns following her around, or Kai, Pearl, and the rest of the cult, were constantly watching her, even when she couldn't see them.

Now, Pearl needed to stir up fear in the media while also making Kai look good. So, her idea was to set fire to a statue in her orphanage.

There is a statue of Athena in the front courtyard which acts as a symbol of hope and a role model for the kids, so she figured that if she set fire to it, there would be a huge impact in the media. She would never put the kids in danger, so destroying hope was the next best thing -- and Pearl could have it remade.

It was late at night, the moon high in the sky. Pearl had made sure to wear her regular clothes for this mission and not her clown costume. As she whistled a tune, Pearl walked into the courtyard with a can of spray-paint in her hand. She drew that same smiley face on the ground in front of the statue so that the media would know this was all connected.

Pearl stepped back, looking to the beautiful statue of Athena on its pedestal. She took a deep breath before her hand twitched slightly, the statue suddenly bursting into flames. Pearl smiled as she watched Athena burn.

Pearl let the fire dance as she walked back out to her car, taking her phone out of her pocket and dialling 911. "911, what's your emergency?"

"Please! Please, you have to help! Someone set my statue on fire! There's kids inside, please, I don't want the fire to spread!" Pearl begged with fake urgency. She knew the fire wouldn't spread, she was the one controlling it, but she had to keep up appearances.

"Okay, ma'am, what is your address?"

"It's-it's the orphanage! Twenty-four, Third Avenue. Please, please, hurry! I don't want the kids to get hurt!" Pearl begged, even starting to cry. She hadn't realized she was such a good actress. "Ma'am, we are sending firefighters to your location. What is your name?"

"Pearl Anderson."

"Mrs. Anderson, there are people on the way now, just hold tight."

"Thank you so much!" Pearl hung up the phone, seeing as how there wasn't much else they could do. She put her phone back in her pocket as she stared at her beautiful work. Pearl did grab a cigarette from her car before she hopped up on the hood of her car, sitting and watching her work unfold as she lit her cigarette with only her hand and mind. Pearl would never hurt these kids, put them in any danger, she truly cared about helping the kids in her orphanage, but she too was willing to do anything for Kai.

❝ 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞. ❞

- 𝒐𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒆

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘