it's show time

It's.  4 pm. 2 hours before the show begins.  Everyone is getting makeup and hair  done and costumes fited.  Some of the boy's are already done and eating. 

Channie:  at 5:15 I want my honey water. Can you handle that baby girl?

Me: yes Chris.

Channie:  ok. Good it's 4:30. Have you eaten?

Me: a little bit.

Channie:  baby!

Me: yes a little bit. Please Chris don't worry about me. You got enough on your mind.  I'm being a good girl. 

Channie:  ok we'll get a burger at the hotel later.  Sound good?

Me: yes. Sounds perfect. 

Channie: good. Now I'm going to get my voice warmed up.

Me: I'll be there at 5:15 with your honey water babe. I wink.

Channie:  see ya. He smiles.

I sit down on the couch next to Sheryl.

Sheryl: your going to kill it being assistant.  Don't get all nervous about it. 

Me: I appreciate that. Just with my mental battles. It's hard to have confidence. 

Sheryl: you've sure been through some shit haven't you?

Me: you've got no idea what I've been through. But maybe one day you all will know and understand.  Trust me I am trying so hard to work on that.

Sheryl:  will you've already done some work. Chris asks you out. 1. You said yes not knowing if it was him or not.  2. You accepted to be his girlfriend. 3. You moved in on short notice. 4. Him and Lee know both got your car keys.  5. You have opened up some about your life.  6. You've got a job when you didn't need one. 7. On short notice you here on tour with us. 8. You've met Chris family on short notice.  I say you've done well.  But I know your still working on the mental battle on everything and everyone.  It's ok. We get it.

Me: yeah I'm getting there. Baby steps.

Me and Sheryl talk a little bit.  I look up at the clock 5: 05.

Me: will gotta get honey water for Chris. I'll see you later Sheryl.

Sheryl:  see ya girl.

I walk where there's water cups and stuff.
I warm up water in the microwave.  Get it out before it gets to hot. Add the honey in it and stir.  While I stir I go looking for Chris. I  find him at 5: 15 on the dot.

Me: Sir your honey water. I smile.

Channie:  thanks babe. Oh not to cold not to hot. Right amount of honey. Good job babe. I'm proud of you.  Sit let's hang out for a bit.

Me: OK.

We sit down on the couch. 

Channie: are you ok? Are you having fun?

Me: yes. And yes.

Channie:  good.  That makes me happy. He smiles.

Me: I told you not to worry about me.

Channie: shut up. I will worry about you and my kids. Got it?

Me: yes Sir.  But did you have to use the trigger words I love so much. I smile.

Channie: got my baby girl attention didn't I?

Me: yes Sir. 

Channie:  good. We got that out of the way.  I've gotta go get wired up and take my spot. Thank you for the honey water it was perfect. 

He kisses me and leaves.

Sheryl finds me.

Sheryl:  hey Renee here's your light stick. Download this app.

I do what I'm told. 

Sheryl:  now your light stick should be able to do what you want. 

Me: thank you girl. 

Sheryl: don't mention it. Let's go get our spots.

Me and her head out to a already packed place.  We take our seats. Waiting for the boy's to start. 

Me: I'm so excited. 

Sheryl:  I am too. She smiles.

Me: it's my first concert ever.

Sheryl:  no way.

Me: yes I'm not joking. 

Sheryl: will stray kid's will be popping your concert cherry here in shortly. She laughs. 
We hear the song maniac starting up. Everyone stands up from their seats already screaming.