chapter 10 - childhood

"suyodhana grew up as a naughty yet a bright kid. He spent his time in library. He learnt many scriptures too" duryodhana Stopped for a second

Abhinaya was curious and asked "then"

Duryodhan sadly Chuckled and said "But no one ever solved his doubt, his parents had duties towards the kingdom. Bheeshm and vidur always ignored him. When he understood why this was happening, he made a wall around his emotions, and secluded himself from this world. Do you know his trusted friends in childhood were servants"

Abhinaya went near him and wiped his tears from her small palms. She hugged him as she felt the loneliness too. Subhadra admired and hoped that her roshni would have the same bond with arjun too.

"Later gandhar Raj, shakuni came to hastinapur to manipulate duryodhan, but he could not do so because, suyodhan had a great bond with his people. They adored him. Did you know, he never biased his opinion on depending one's caste" said arjuna Priya.

"How do you know so much about him , mata?" Question abhimanyu anujaa.

Duryodhan answered "Because, your mata is my friend too, Zara. Well after the death of Kaka shree pandu, Mata Madri committed sati"

Abhinaya questioned "what is sati?"

Subhadra said "when husband of a lady dies, she jumps into his pyre, joining him in the journey of death"

Duryodhan continued "Pandavas were devaputras and when they entered hastinapur, they were adored by the elders. They and my brothers were taught by pitamaha bheeshma and mahamantri vidur. But they never taught me"

"That is injustice, suyo" said abhinaya

"I learnt everything on my own. Cooking from books, horse riding from a servant, painting etc. I saw the army practice and practiced the same at night. Pandavas and my brothers had everything to learn but the did not have the thirst to learn except sahadev. Yudhishthir followed his dharma blindly and he followed the rules made by our ancestors with out even questioning why it was done. I never hated Pandavas. Just disliked their thought process.

Then they sent us to gurukul of guru dronacharya. Where I befriended ashwatthama. Him and I practiced day and night to make our fathers proud"

Balram also joined them. He continued " During kala pradarshan, a valiant warrior, karna was humiliated just because he was a sut, duryodhana crowned him as king of Anga"

"That is how I found another friend" said duryodhana.

"Do you know tejasvini, karna, duryodhana and ashwatthama are called as three musketeers" said balram.

"Why they distinguish a person by his caste? Why should a suta not learn weaponaries. There is no such rule in dwarka. Is there such a stupid rule in hastinapur, suyo?"

"It is there in hastinapur. To change it, I need power, which was the status of king" said Jyesth Kaurava.

Abhinaya asked slowly "what exactly happened in dyut sabha, suyo?"

Both Balaram and subhadra were also curious too.

________________
510 words

Tell me how was the chapter in the comments

Next update on 28 April

Until then
Radhe Radhe

Author Sakshi