Day 32

Pepper POV

It's been over a month since everyone left except Tony. He just spends his days in his workshop and hadn't seen Leilani or been at work. Leilani has stopped waiting for her 15 minutes every night and she doesn't say a lot now. I can't explain to her what's happening. Tony doesn't want to and Loki doesn't want to get involved. Leilani misses Nat, though. The other night she asked if she could have Nat's main blanket on her bed instead of on Nat's bed. Loki is with her right now.

Loki POV

I'm watching as Leilani in the living room as she shows me how to work the tv. I notice one of her hands have a green mist."When are they coming back?" I sigh. "I don't know, my dear. You remember what we talked about, right?" Leilani mumbles something and sits on the rug. Then picks at the rug. "Do you want to go to the park or something?" She shakes her head. I lift her onto the couch. A strand of her hair is red. "Show me how to work that thing," I say, motioning to the tv. She nods and continues to show me. I watch the screen as it changes back and forth.

"Leilani,". She looks at me. "You've been flipping screens for a while now,". She stops and looks at me. "Uncle Thor doesn't have powers like us?" I nod. "Thor can use lightning bolts and his hammer. He's not like us, though. We all have different, er, abilities." "Why is he never here?" "He is busy in Asgard. I think you saw him a few months ago." She shrugs. "Are we the only ones like with our powers?,". "I don't know, my dear. From what I've seen, yes but, I don't know,". She leans on me "Ok,". "Are you ever lonely, daddy? Look at her "Sometimes. Why feel lonely when you're not here? ". "I look at her. "You don't have to be lonely. When I'm not here, Pepper and Natasha and Tony are here." She looks up at me "But still". I kiss the top of her head. "I know what you mean. You're ok though. You don't need to worry about being alone, my dear. " She nods and goes back to playing with the tv.

A couple hours pass and Leilani finally decides on what to watch and watches something. Leilani doesn't know that Thor doesn't really know about what we are and what we can do. Before Leilani, I was alone and destroyed things. Now I always need to keep in mind that I have Leilani and she needs me.

I hear walking and look up to see Pepper come in. "Leilani, turn off the tv so I can tell you something". She does it and we both look at Pepper. She takes a deep "I think I have someone who you want to see". She steps back a little and Natasha comes into the room, followed by Tony.