Chapter 12

Arkin

After class, Arkin was on his way to meet Zero and the others. The moment he climb off his bike and was about to enter the house, he felt someone from behind. And before he could figure it himself, he felt someone wrapped an arm around his neck while the other hand was used to cover his mouth as he was dragged away from the house. He was just shocked that he didn't  get to think of what to do. And the next thing he felt was his back that creates a loud thud against the wall.

He then finally was able to see four guys infront of him. He tries to look at each of them but his eyes stick to the person holding his collar against the wall.

He's clueless who these people are. He haven't seen them before and he can't think what they want from him.

"Who are you? What do you need from me?" He quickly asked the moment he was able to push the hand away from his mouth which makes the guy infront of him, snickered.

"Nothing serious. But to your friend, yes."

Arkin's forehead scrunched up. He can't be more confused at this point. "What do you mean? What friend?"

"Zeke. We want to know where is he?" Arkin paused at the mention of Zeke's name. "I know you're friends with him. Now tell me, where is he?"

"Who are? What do you need from him?"

"C'mon, enough with the questions. You don't have to know who we are. We need to see him now. Maybe he already forgot now is the time to pay."

At this point, Arkin gets eve more confused at what these people are saying.

"What pay? What are you talking about?"

The other guy from behind snorted. "Don't you really have the slightest idea what your friend did?" Arkin shake his head. "Well, he just did ask for money so I lend him. We had an agreement he's gonna pay me after two weeks. And now is the time to pay. Oh actually it's been three days he's out to date." Arkin stares to nowhere as he thought about it.

Now it's clear how and where he got the money to pay for the hospital bills. It's the only time he did think about it.

"How much does he owe you?"

"A hundred thousand."

"A hundred thousand?"

"You heard it right. And I know you know how huge amount that is."

Arkin just couldn't believe what he just found out. That guy agreed on paying the money after one week without thinking how is he gonna get the money from.

"You see, we made an agreement and the condition between us is clear. So tell him if he can't pay, we can do the work." Arkin swallowed hard as he remain eye contact with this guy infront him.

"Is that your only concern?" Their ears perked up at what Arkin said which makes them look at him with their brow raised.

"Why you sounding like it's not a big deal?"

"Will you stop if you get the money?" He asked instead without bothering answering his question.

"Yah... maybe. If he will be able to pay us fully."

"Then I'll send you the money tomorrow." Their eyes squints and the guy holding his collar finally let go of him.

"Like tomorrow? Where are you even gonna get that amount of money?"