Chapter 37

Arkin

"That Kevin doesn't seemed like me being around you, isn't he?" Zeke asked when he could no longer stand the question in his head.

It's already six in afternoon and the sun is now setting as they walk back to Zeke's apartment right after the competition.

Arkin, who was holding his bike as they walk, chuckled at his question. "Kevin hates almost everyone so don't feel too special."

Having to talk to Kevin again, only reminds Zeke when Kevin told him to keep his distance away from him before. He knew from then he's been concerned for Arkin and he just proves it.

"But why does he seemed to be so concerned of you. Are you like friends or something?"

"Friends? I don't think we could ever call ourselves friends. I mean, his parents are friends with mine so we've known each other for about quite a while. We see each other in some occasions when our parents want to drag us to be somewhere we don't really want to be but I never really thought about being friends with him." Arkin then looked up to see the stars starting  to appear from the sky.

"But anyone could think you really are friends with each other."

"I don't think so. Yes, we do have almost the same interest in a lot of things and anyone could think we're pretty much the same in some aspects but it's actually the other way around." Arkin's steps began to grow slower as he thought about the things that he has to say. "For the past years, we both know where one of these people who couldn't stand on their own. Unlike other people, we have always been this reserved type of shit that had so much to say and so much to do but just don't know how to."

Zeke paused from taking step to look at
Arkin as he talks.

"I may be the one who's got the nerves to join a gang and decided to do fightings but I can say he's got to be the braver one between us two."

"How do you say so?"

"Simply because he's been confident anyhow. Unlike me, he gets to do the things that he loves without hesitations and do things that his heart's tells him. Something I think I will never be."

"You're brave in your own ways. I guess that's how you should put it." Zeke told him and they both beamed among themselves and bring their eyes to the street.

Before they could even take another step, Arkin suddenly thought about an idea.

"Oh! here, try this." Zeke looked at Arkin before looking down to his bike. "Go on try this." 

Zeke shook his head dismissively. "No, I'm good." He refused and continues to walk but Arkin immediately blocked his way.

"C'mon, just give it a try."

"But I don't want to. Go on ride it yourself if you want to." He said and Arkin shot him a serious look this time as though he was serious of letting him try his bike. "Why would you even want me to ride it?" He asked with the rolling of his eyes.

"Well, I just thought of seeing you try. After watching the competition, I assume you've got to have the slightest interest of trying new things as well."

Zeke hissed. "That's not even a good point.

"Come on. It's not a big deal. Don't you know I haven't let anyone use or even touches my bike? You should feel special  right now I'm giving you the authority to use it. So here, just give it a try and— hold on." Arkin paused before he could even finish his word as his eyes widen when a thought sink in his head. "Don't tell me you don't know how to ride a bicycle?"