Chapter 24

Zeke

Zeke doesn't really knows where he was going the moment he left the bar. There's not even a thing going on in his head but to be somewhere peaceful after what happened.

As soon as he was informed about what happened to Zero, he didn't waste a time and immediately search for that person behind what happened to Zero.

He knows he wasn't really thinking again about what he's gonna do if he ever found that person but one thing he knew is he would never let anything slide anymore.

.

By the time they got back to the hospital, they see no signs of Zeke. And Zero's not yet awake. Arkin was quite worried where Zeke might be right now but it seems like the others aren't really bothered about it as they know him already so they decided to just stay and wait for Zeke to come back and for Zero to wake up.

The doctor says it might take some time before his body could recover but could probably wake up any moment now.

"Don't you still have classes tomorrow?" Tim asked Arkin who's been sitting the on the corner. "You can go home now. You still have school tomorrow."

"It's fine. I'll wait until he wakes up."

"Zero wouldn't be happy to see you if he finds out you have still school tomorrow. And besides, it looks like he's not yet going to wake up."

"Don't worry, he'll be fine. We're gonna call you as soon as he wakes up." Harry assures him and Arkin take a few moments before he decided to do as what they say.

He's worried not only for Zero but for Zeke too. And although he'd like to stay until Zeke returns and Zero wakes up, they're  also right.

Now that he's think of him he can't refrain not to think of what he saw earlier. He's aware he is strong but it feels like the person he saw earlier was not him. He's never seen him so serious and eager as he was earlier.

As he walks through the hallway of the hospital, he paused when he saw a guy that just came outside the room. And he quickly realize it was Ricky. He's with a lady who he assumed to be his mother.

It was the only time he recalled he's heard he was sent to hospital for he doesn't why. He seemed just got out.

But it only confuses him. He doesn't know exactly what happened to him and how serious his case had been but looking at him right now makes him suspected he's really been through a serious one.

He was watching him until Ricky's eyes landed to his way, which causes the sudden change of expression on his face.

Arkin then made his way to him as Ricky motioned his mum to leave them for a moment.

"Arkin. I didn't know I would see you here. Was it a coincidence or you really come here to visit me?" Ricky said with a bitter smile on his face but Arkin remain in silence.

He's surprised to see him here but most especially, he's surprised that the gossip that's been going on around the campus is actually true.

"You know what? I'm really surprised how you changes. I know you're smart, academically but, I can't believe you could've come more smarter than you are. You even have yourself back ups."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ricky paused to look at Arkin who seemed confused at what he's been saying.

"You acting like you don't know anything when you're definitely the main reason behind this. Oh wait, don't tell me he's haven't tell you about it?"