Chapter 22

Meira laid awake in bed till a slither of warm yellow sunlight cut through her indigo curtains with star designs that glow in the dark. Her legs were crossed, toes twitching, arms crossed under her br**sts and face twisted in angry expression–she was more furious than pissed off Momma bear. Last nights event replayed nonstop in her mind, like a scratched CD or something. What Ryat did after they had arrived home made her want to go to his room and saw his head off with an hacksaw blade. What he did was not cool.

She genuinely hated him now.

What he did last night left her skin still tingly, as if his handa were still roaming her body and massaging the censors out of her cl*t. It felt so good she had wanted to cry–heck, she wanted more. But he just ended it suddenly and didn't give an explanation. Meira turned on her side, grabbed her pillow, then screamed like a banshee into it.

No matter what she did to distract herself, nothing could take last night off of her mind. Her panties started dampening by just remembering it.

‘How come I never let Christopher do this to me but I let him do it?’ she thought, rubbing her feet together. Her core was aching for something–something that she couldn't give it. ‘When Chris and I kissed I never felt this way. I've never been drunk before, but I'm intoxicated by his lips. Bad Boys are addicting,’ she subconsciously moved her fingers to her lips, running them over it. The sensual remnants of the kiss still lingered on her lips hours after leaving Sinner Zone Beach.

“Uggggh! Oh my God get out of my head!” she sat up and started hitting herself with the pillow. She thought about him so much it gave her an agonizing headache. She has school in a few hours and she'd be visiting Katniss in the hospital.

“Please, let me just focus on something!” she dropped back on the bed with crimson cheeks.

She trained her gaze on the ceiling and began counting the sprinkles on it order to distract herself but the ringing of her phone interrupted her. She looked over at the table where her glasses off, she reached over for both it and the phone. Meira slid them on and looked at her phone, it was an unknown number with a black profile picture. ‘Who could this? Katniss?’

“Good morning. Hello! Who is this?” Meira answered and asked.

“Good morning, princess,” a raspy, deep male voice said.

Meira bunched her brows then moved the phone, she put her forehead on the phone in order to really if this was the right person. “Who is this?”

“Don't play dumb with me, Dove, you know exactly who I am,” she heard sheets ruffling in the background. “How is your morning going? Miss me already? I sure as hell miss you, and those lips,” she just knew he licked his lips. “𝘈 𝘭𝘰𝘵.”

The anger she felt towards him dissipated as if it weren't there to begin with. “I miss you too, 𝘋𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺.”

“Meira,” he said in a warning voice.

“Sorry, sorry! That's so awkward!” she sat up and hit hee forehead. “I'm so dumb.”

“Knowing that you know you're a moron flatters me.”

“I hate you, Ryat.”

“I hate you too, Dove.”

“Ryat...”

“Are you asking about last night?” he sighed and continued. “Mei, look, I know you're probably angry as f**k, but listen to me. I would never do that to you unless you want it, and I would never do that to you outside where people can see us. Some things are better done behind closed doors.”

She had no idea how he read her mind, but he did. “Oh, that's really sweet to hear. It's okay, I'm not angry,” ahe felt her heart being warmed from the inside throughout.